[TW] Rain

(The next day)

3rd Person's POV

Chaewon, for the hundredth time, tries to close her eyes wanting to sleep. She thought and concerned that her body needs it. She's exhausted. Her whole body is tired. But she struggles to differentiate what hurts more, her heart, mind or body?.

"Coffee?" a voice snaps her eyes open.

She saw Hyewon emerges from the wooden door, accompanied with two cups, emitting smokes from both. Hyewon, waited seconds for an answer. But she failed to get one as she witness the girl looking across the view of the rain in the woods. Lost and pained.

She sigh, getting the signal the orange-haired girl unintentionally hinting. Although, Eunbi told the rest of the group to give Chaewon the space she needed, Hyewon doubted Eunbi's words. She sure needs and feels that she and the rest indeed have to give the girl a distance, but she's been here before and she knew and knows that in times like this, Chaewon need someone to enlighten her or give her words, at least.

So despite being troubled with the thought that the girl in front of her might snapped, she needs to try. Putting her thought in action, she place the cup of coffee, she heard Chaewon like, beside the latter. While carefully sitting at the far end of the long chair, she notice Chaewon shifts her eyes to cup then back to where it was glued.

Hyewon could only sigh loudly with the action. She never struggle this hard to start a conversation with someone and her counterpart isn't helping at all. So she decided to have a sip first before the coffee get cold.

"How do you feel?" Hyewon started carefully. Actually, she didn't want to ask the girl if she's okay because she thought that's dumb and Chaewon's definitely not okay at this point.

Chaewon, on the other side, still finds Hyewon's question odd and dumb but it's not right, this time, to pin point and argue with that. Chaewon knew everyone wants to console her, she wanted them to be, honestly. She's lost and needed someone to slap her right in the face to wake up. But with her obvious outburst last night, she thought that Eunbi will surely tell the group to gave her time for herself. It's actually obvious, since everyone starts to go easy and not ask her with everything or anything since this morning. She haven't had a blink of sleep. It's been two or three days straight, she doesn't remember anymore. Her mind wouldn't let her, her stupid mind can't think straight anymore and it started to pound painfully hard against her skull since last night. Being soaked with the rain for almost the whole day yesterday is sure one of the suspect.

"Worst" she simply replies. She heard Hyewon hums.

"How's your hand?" Hyewon then asks in a soft voice not wanting to trigger the cub about what happened yesterday.

Chaewon instantly look at her hands, only to clench both hard and just like that she felt the pain again. Her jaw tightens as the images of yesterday's happening roll like a film in her mind. She closes her eyes shut as her head pounds like hell.

-------

Flashback

"WHERE IS SHE?!!" Chaewon shouted closely at the man's face that's clearly beaten and soaking in his own blood. She gritted her teeth hardly. She badly wants to see her. And eavesdropping and hearing them talk too disgustingly dirty about Minju took her to the edge. She's not thinking straight anymore. To tell that she's jealous, she's not. She have gone mad the moment she heard them laugh talking about her. She isn't controlling her body anymore. So with the devil inside her , she immediately shoot one man straight at the back of his head, she beat the other, who's got stunned and gone frozen at his spot as his friends blood splatter all over his face, until his merely unconscious.

As Chaewon didn't heard a response, she thrusts hard the back end of her gun against the man's face earning an audible bone crack. Then the man lays unconscious but Chaewon's mind thought that he's faking it.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?!" she shouted at the distorted face again. Still no response. She grew impatient.

"Chaewon-ah I don't th--" Eunbi was cut off as Chaewon pull the trigger against the man's head. Eunbi was stunned. She didn't know that they would go this far. She stares at the man's face as she heard Chaewon throat growled firmly.

Then Eunbi faces up as she heard then again a series of gunshots and explosion.

Chaewon run towards the stairs up to the proceeding floor. The four-storey messy building was soon filled with gunshots, screams, pain and agony, mixing it with the heavy down pour of rain making the sound and profanities hug silence weirdly.

Chaewon, with a few worthy bullets lost at her gun, find the last room at the very top floor of the building. She doesn't care if Eunbi or anyone had followed her up or not. The gunshots seized or is it just she can only hear her heart pounding and nothing else.

She's shaking in anger. She couldn't feel anything but her hand against the cold knob. She silently twist it. But it was locked meaning only that there was someone inside.

She retracted her hand from her rifle and took the shotgun that was hanging at her back. The same shotgun he uses to beat her.

Chaewon didn't waste time to do her ritual or anything, she fired across the doorknob making the door itself swing open.

And there, her prey fumbles at the top of the bed.

______

Present

"It's hard to let it go." Hyewon continues after an episode of pained silence.

Chaewon looks up. The thought angered her but she catches what Hyewon said and she gets curious when this would go. She just wanted another thought to distract from going back. So she tries to pay a little attention to the the girl's words as she continues.

"I was there.. it's still fresh. I can still.." Hyewon trails off, voice shaking at the end. Chaewon notice it and turn to her right only to see the girl in the verge of crying. Chaewon's heart tightens annoyingly. She knew Hyewon and Minju shared the same mere past and seeing the girl like this, hasn't even started yet with her words made her thought about how would the other feel.

Hyewon sighed hardly and look up, preventing the tears to come out. She haven't even started yet, she thought. ".. I can still feel it, see it, hear it.. everything triggers me. I feel so sensitive. Can still sleep without a nightmare. Still... disgusted.. with my existence." and with that her tears flow out, like a river in a storm.

Chaewon can't do anything but to just look at her suppress her sobs and stupidly wipes her cheeks.
".. it never went away.. I don't think it will .. but I hope it would, you know." Hyewon said with a low chuckle. Then she look at Chaewon and pats her knee. Chaewon looks at her with pained and pity eyes.

"You did it all for her. I'm actually amused. I never had someone to save me. And I think... it would be more easier that way you know. You did just right, Chaewon. No doubt." She said then stood up grabbing her cup of coffee before giving Chaewon one last look then leaving the back porch by the door.

Chaewon stares at the mixture of rain and trees.
She then unconsciously stood up and head out to the rain. As she feels she get soaked her mind drifted vividly back to the memory of her feeling her clothes wet and cold against her skin as she heard her prey throw pained shouts and incoherent words. Her mind brings back the memory of the girl's longing and bruised face sitting at the sofa. As her mind dives more deeper in the details of yesterday, its physical form hammers dreadfully against its socket.

And with one last flash of Minju's crying face against the dim room, Chaewon's eyes closes. Her body shuts down willingly.

_________________________________________

1337 words-
sorry for the time jump hehe
I'm too lazy for the SAVINGMINJU scene
someone recommended me a K-drama
SKY CASTLE
it's interesting. I love it. Y'all probably watched it already, right?
thanks for the read
VOTE 👀