Stupid

Chaewon

"Dang this is heavy" I heard Yena complained while struggling to keep the bag at her back steady. Can't blame her tho, this is really heavy.

At the moment, we're now heading down to the outdoor escalator that we took earlier. But because of the weight of the bag, Yena unintentionally stomped her feet down to the escalator. Good thing, I saw nothing around.

"Wait.. what was that?" Yena uttered, making me halt to my steps, confused.

Just after she talked a loud screeching sound could be heard echoing around the whole place. My heart thumps, sensing a huge danger coming. Then they saw a black car turns right towards our direction.

What the--? . I thought. I can see that the person driving this car doesn't even know how to drive a car. And who?-- and who on Earth right now would use a fucking car?! that thing sure made such noise to gain attention. Is this person suicidal or Is she stupid?

Me and Yena watched the car itself struggle to move. It keeps stopping then moving not until it just randomly sped up, passing in front of me and Yena, then bumping into the stoplight's pole. Producing a very audible crashing sound.

My eyes turn wide as I saw a lot of walkers emerging from different directions.

Shit! I cursed silently.

I turn around only to see them coming to find the sound eagerly.

"Yah! Come on!" I heard Yena shout, making me turned back to her then started running, following where she would go.

Seeing us going nearer the crashed car made me confused. "Unnie?! they are coming this way!" I shouted between our distance.

I saw her run beside the drivers seat then points her gun out towards the driver. "Faster! Chaewon-ah!" she said opening the back door then throwing her bag in it, leaving it open for me. I quickly run towards the car, hearing the walkers more louder.

When I reached the car, I immediately throw the bag inside and closed the door. Yena, who's currently in the driver seat, keeps muttering pleas as she tries to start the car engine. After a try, the car just rumbles.

In between Yena's pleas, my attention averted to the growls and mourns I heard grew at the background. I look out the window and started to panic as I saw some of them were just feet apart from the car.

Please. Please. Please. Please..

Then I heard Yena's voice boomed with a "YES!", then the car started to move away from the chaos.

After minutes of driving the car stopped just outside the former busy city streets. Well, I guess Yena knew that car might be a problem and it was.

I took the bag and swing it at my bag feeling its painful heaviness again. Then Yena pull out hers, doing the same then she gave me a knowing look.

My confusion quickly went away, as I heard the car door thuds closing then a girl came into a view keeping her stare at Yena.

I didn't even felt the stranger presence inside the car. This is weird.

She looks cute and innocent, honestly. In a pair of jeans and a dirty worn out t-shirt and a pink jacket.

I look back at Yena and saw her staring back at the new girl.

I fake cough, sensing the atmosphere changes. "She's Choi Yena and I'm Chaewon. I'm sorry but we need to go now."

"YAH!" Yena shouts, probably embarrassed. I saw her cheeks turned to the shade of red as she looks at me, glaring. I smirk, concluding something. "What? we really need to go now, aren't we?"