Stay?

Chaewon

I lost a track of time. When I opened my eyes the sun's nowhere to be seen.

"Hey" a soft voice called.

'What a beauty'. "It's dinner. Everyone was looking for you" Minju added. I stood up, joining her.

They're all sitting in pieces of log. Circling a small fire. For a moment I felt scared for our safety. How could they do this? They're drawing a lot of attention and with the noise adding, I don't know anymore.

I felt a hand squeezes my shoulder. I turned to my right and saw Minju smiling assuringly. "It's ok. We're safe here." I gave her a nod.

"Yo! you two! Stop flirting and fill your stomachs!" Yena shouts, why can I see her lips pouting?

There was an empty space beside Eunbi and Yujin.

Oh no. I was about to occupy the sit beside Yujin but the latter called the frog patting the space beside her. Wonyoung, who is sitting across Yujin, scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Meanwhile, I have no choice but to sit beside Eunbi. As I settled down, Eunbi handed me bowl which I gladly accept.

"How was the talk?" she ask. My mind fastly recalled the kiss. Only the kiss. Heat started to crawl to my neck growing up to my cheeks. Shit.

I let out a fake cough. "I'm-- I mean.. It went well, I guess" I turned my head at the fire, unintentionally witnessing Yujin and Minju laughing. "Your girlfriend is really caring" she said.

"She's not my girlfriend" I'm not dumb to understand who she talking to. "Really?... She's been checking you the whole time you're unconscious" she said. I blink, looking across the fire. She must've felt the weight of my stare as she stares back smiling shyly. Damn cute.

"So.. who exactly are these people?" I turned to her. She look around with a smug smile. "Well.. I first met Chaeyeon.." she continues, gazing towards the said girl. I followed. She's filling Sakura's cup with water. "She was somewhere around here.. in the woods.. the bombs made her try the path through the woods" she finishes.

"Then a week after.. we were scavenging around the near neighborhood. Then we met the three Japanese." she said laughing at the end. I furrowed my eyebrows "What?" I questioned. "You should have seen Chaeyeon's face when she first saw Sakura"

I looked at them. I wish I saw it, it must've been so funny. "How about the noisy one?" I asked, moving my sight to the laughing brown haired girl. "That duck.." her smile fell. "I found her in a small house. She was trembling in fear. She was shouting in every little approach I would make"

From Eunbi unnie's story she must have been through a lot. But she look so different, she looks so bright. "I stayed the whole night in that house just to get her trust. I did.. and look.. she seems like the happiest person alive" she finishes smiling widely.

Now that I think about it, we're different. I'm really different compare to unnie. How could she trust people she don't know?

"This group is a lot to handle honestly... but they fill my heart.. they're my family now" she suddenly added.

I blink. Looking through the fire.

Family?

That's a tough word. I can't be like her, she handled them very well, while me? I'm stuck with my controlling self. Plans. Does my plans still matter now? Looking at their smiles, it must be really selfish to ask them to continue the walk to Busan again. They're safe here. The high schoolers are safe, so as Minju.