26

~Kais Pov~

I felt like my insides were collapsing and my heart ached. It hurts so bad I was curled up on the ground in pain. The feeling of 1000 knives stabbing you surrounding my body. God, emotions are hard. My face felt like it was burning and my throat felt sore. Damon wasn't speaking he just sat on the ground with his head buried into his hands. I don't know what the feeling of losing family is like. But now I felt like that's what I lost only worse. Damon thought Jules was dead for years, I've known her for so long and now she is gone. I had to raise Asher on my own. I would be a terrible father though. I got up and smashed a bottle that was on the ground to the wall in anger. 

I tangled my hands in my hair, crying so hard I didn't think it was possible. For the first time in a long time. I had felt lost, and alone once again. I turned back to the entrance the fire was gone meaning Bonnie stopped it. My eyes were readjusting to the smoky area until I saw a blue light appear from where the fire was. I was confused and started walking closer. Small sobs coming from there and the sound of a light heartbeat. I walked even closer till I saw a girl crouched up against the wall crying and barely breathing. "J-Jules?" I asked and she looked up at me. Burn marks on her body. "Damon! She's okay!" I yelled and crouched to Jules to hug her. She hissed in pain and I loosened my grip. Damon came running around the corner to hug his sister. We both hugged her sobs leaving our mouths. 

"H-How are you alive right now? You scared the hell out of me, bad word choice but still, I thought you were dead, why would you sacrifice yourself Jules" Kai sobbed and wiped some of his tears away. "I'm sorry, I just needed Katherine gone, after all, she has done to me. and I wanted to protect Stefan- but he didn't want to be saved he pushed me away when I used my magic for protection and it couldn't get to him. He burned with Katherine. The burn marks on me are from my skin touching the fire for only a second. Stefans g-gone. My twin, he's gone" Jules cried in realization. I kept hugging her and she sobbed. Damon and I helped her up and carried her to the car. I put her in the passenger seat and Damon went into his own car. I sat in the driver's seat of Jules's car. She had tears going down her face. She looked at the window rain coming down from the cloudy sky.

~Jules POV~

I couldn't stop crying, I get along with both brothers now and then one dies. I turned my face back to Kai and his eyes were the reddest I had ever seen them. His hair a mess, and dirt patches on his clothes and face. He looked at me and leaned in to kiss me. I instantly kissed him back, his warm lips warming my cold body. The kiss ended and Kai held my hand. "Jules, I love you. I love you so so much, please never do a risk like that ever again, I can't lose you. If I lose you I will go back to the bad killer crazy me that I don't want to go back to." Kai cooed and more tears dripped down his face. "I love you too Kai, I'm so sorry, I just wanted to protect Stefan and get rid of Katherine" I sobbed and he kissed me once more before we drove back home. It was a silent drive, only the sounds of small sobs in the car. 

~~~~~~

I needed a shower from my long day. Caroline didn't take Stefan's death well, neither did Elena. I got my clothes and went to the shower turning them on. I undressed and stepped into the hot shower. The heat stinging my skin as the fire did. I started to cry a lot thinking of the fire and Stefans face when he pushed her away from him. I hurried up in the shower and got out, I put on a black hoodie that I couldn't tell if it was mine or Kais. Then I put on grey sweatpants and blow-dried my hair. I put my hair in a messy bun then walked out of the bathroom. I laid face first on my bed crying harder by the second. I screamed into my pillow the scream sounded so painful and hurt. The scream must have not been muffled even by the pillows because Kai came running up the stairs to comfort me. 

"Hey, Jules, calm down, calm down okay," Kai said turning me over onto my back and laying next to me to hug him. I nudged my head to his chest crying, he shushed me and brushed his hands through my long hair. "Kai please don't let it take me to" I cried and Kai pulled me closer to him. "Don't let the fire take me" I pleaded and he awed and kissed the top of my head. "I won't, I promise" he cuddled her more and Damon came upstairs. "Hey, um Jules, I wanted to say. I'm sorry. We are the only family we got left, besides the little Demon, you and Kai created" he said with sarcasm at the last part and I laughed a little. "We are family, we have got to stick together, even Kai. We're going to be family soon to which pains me to say as much as I support you two." Damon said and Kai laughed. There was a knock at the door downstairs and I got up. 

"I'll get it," I said and walked downstairs to the door. I opened it to see Kol. "Kol!" I yelled and gave him a hug. Through everything that happened today, it was refreshing to see a long-distance friend. Kol hugged me back and I smiled "I missed you, darling, I heard what happened here, Bonnie actually called me and said you were upset so of course me being your best friend had to come to make sure you were alright." Kol said putting his hands on my shoulders breaking the hug and looking at me. "Are you okay?" he asked and I smiled a little. 

"It hurts, a lot but, this kind of thing happens in human lives to and I have to learn to deal with it," I said and he nodded. "I have a surprise for you," Kol said and I gave him a puzzled look. Kol covered my eyes and I closed them. He put a bracelet on my wrist and I opened my eyes to look at it. "It's called the bracelet of adventures, The charms on it represent things you have felt. I didn't put the charms on there, they appear on their own." Kol said with a smile and I looked down at the bracelet it was silver. There was an ascendant, a crow, a grimoire, vampire teeth, a heart, and fire. I looked back at Kol and smiled. "Thank you Kol," I said and he nodded. 

"Klaus will return Asher whenever you are ready," he said and I smiled. "Thank you, I'll call him when I think it's safe," I said and Kai came down. 

"Hey, Kol," Kai's voice had a tone of annoyance, I know he doesn't really like Kol. "Well I best be on my way now, I just wanted to make sure you were alright" Kol stated before he left. "you know Kai, Jealousy looks hot on you," I told him and he scoffed. "I am not jealous" Kai defended and I laughed a little. "I saw your face, no lying remember" I reminded him and he laughed. "Shut up," he said punching my arm a little. I hugged him and he carried me upstairs to bed. We sat down and tried clearing our minds but It was hard to do. Jeremy dropped a pizza off in our room. Jeremy was an amazing friend. Him and Kol were both tied in friendship status. Then Caroline, then Elena, and so on.  I took a slice of pizza and barely ate it. I took maybe 2 bites then stopped eating. I couldn't eat at all my stomach felt like it was in a knot. I missed Stefan. 

I thought back to earlier this morning when Stefan was dancing with Asher acting like a goof. It was all so normal and now he's dead. Katherine ruined my life, she took my human life, she took Stefans, she threw me back in the prison world and now I can't see my twin. Hell might have been gone. But there is no knowing on what is to come next. 

Hope you liked it! 

Love y'all

till next time

-T.N