YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE

Kahit gaano mo pa iplano ang hinaharap na gusto mo, kung hindi will ni God, hindi matutuloy.

I am watching the woman I promised to marry. She's gracefully walking down the aisle with her beautiful wedding gown that I personally choose.

I remember back then how we met each other.

I was waiting for the train to depart when a girl suddenly hugged me and whispered something.

"Someone's stalking me. Help me please." She said in fear.

I was stunned at first but I found myself hugging and making her calm.

"Do you know your stalker? What does s(he) looks like?" I asked and scan the whole train.

Everyone's busy with their own business but this guy who's glaring at me.

"Yes. He's my ex. He's the one looking at us." She said.

I covered her with my coat and slowly walking to get out the train.

The train's also departing so before it closes it's door I grab her hands and pull her out the train. I saw his ex panicked and about to follow us but the train's door closes and started to move. I saw him furiously mad.

"You're safe now." I whispered to her.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for bothering you." She said in a low voice and slowly took a quite distance from me.

"It's fine."

"Can - *ehem* Can I treat you a meal? I just wanna express my gratitude." She said and looked at me happily smiling.

I was about to decline because my friends are waiting for me when she suddenly grabs my hand and started walking. Nagpatianod nalamang ako at pinagmasdan ang kanyang likuran.

After that accidental meet we became best of friends until I fell in love to Her.

"Soua, I want to confess something." I said stopping her from talking about the man she adores.

"What is it? Ano ba iyan I'm talking e. You interrupted me." She roled her eyes.

"I like you. No. I think I love you. Yup. I love you Soua." I said making an eye contact with her.

"H-huh?" She reacted.

"I said. I.Love.You." I said as I kissed her hand.

"No need to say anything. I'm just confessing." She nod and entered their house.

I chuckled because of her reaction. I took my phone out and texted her that I'll be courting her.

After 2 and a half year of courting she finally said yes. We became official. I became more sweeter than before. I became more caring than before. I loved her more that I thought I can love her. We have a healthy relationship. Everytime we argue, we find ourselves apologizing for the hurtful words we said. She wasn't controlling so am I. We always keep ourselves from being jealous to other because we know how we love each other.

It was our 7th year anniversary when I decided to propose to her. She said yes of course.

We became more mature in handling our relationship. After a year of saving, I started to construct the house she designed for our future family. The house was fully build after 2 and a half month. But things didn't went onmy side when bad luck stroked at me. The company where I work got bankrupt. I was one of the employees who was fired. I tried applying to other companies but no one hired me. I was slowly losing interest. I forgot about Soua. I locked myself asking what happened.

Soua gave me space. She waited. Until one day, after 3 years of being jobless, a company contacted me saying I got hired. At first I was doubtful not until Soua knocked at my door. She explained that she was the one who send my resume. I thank her.

After I got my first salary, I invited her to a date. I was ready to marry her. She saved me from my darkness. She's the woman I needed. Those 4 years she took care of me. Now, I want to be the one to take care of her.

I started saving again. I was secretly planning and organizing our marriage. It took me a year.

"Soua, I know I've been miserable for 4 years. You took care of me. You patiently waited for me. I promised to be the one to do that but I didn't." She covered her mouth as I kneeled again in front of her with a ring.

"So I'm asking again. Will you marry me?" It took her a minute before she nod and said yes.

After that day I immediately confess about the our wedding. The wedding I planned and arranged. She asked for a week before we get married. I gave it to her. She spent her week with her family and friends.

I went back to reality when I heard a fake cough. I smiled and started the ceremony.

After saying vows I looked at them and spoke.

"I now bless you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." I said trying not to break my voice.

"Congratulations." I finally said after the wedding ceremony.

"Thank you Father. Though I have a question." She said.

"Spill."

"Why did you became a priest? Don't you have a girlfriend or wife?" She asked.

I smiled. "My fiancee's already married. I was the one who blessed them actually." She frowned.

"Hindi ba masakit?"

"Mas masakit makitang kasama ko siya pero hindi na ako ang nag papatibok sa puso niya sapagkat nakalimutan niya na kung sino ang tunay na mahal niya." Malungkot siyang tumingin saakin.

I chuckled and handed her my gift. It's the house she designed that I construct years ago.

"Accept my wedding gift. Nakapangalan na sa'yo iyan. You can contact my lawyer for verifications." She was about to ask a question but I waved good bye and left the venue.

It's funny how I was the one who proposed but not the guy she married. Ang masakit pa, ako pa ang pinili niyang mag pakasal sakanila.