Chapter 12

"Your brother is a real jerk."

⚜️.⚜️.⚜

Learning Occlumenty with Snape was terrible. In fact, we had learned absolutely nothing. Snape was content to invade our thoughts, making us review our entire life, our moments of happiness and unhappiness. We had not been able to block him, so our lessons with him will continue after the start of the school year. Despite the events, the Weasleys, Harry and I still returned to Grimmauld Place. Mrs. Weasley had picked us up with Tonks and Lupin, much to my delight. After all that, I really needed to be surrounded by people I liked. Harry didn't seem as touched as I did, but after all he had seen a lot worse with Voldemort, especially Cedric's death. Three days had passed until it was Christmas. Sirius wasn't even present and Mrs. Weasley had refused to tell us where he was. But she assured us that he was perfectly fine. On Christmas morning, I was the last person to get up, since there was no one else on the first floor. After taking a shower and putting on a red sweater, jeans and sneakers, I walked down to the kitchen, where I could hear everyone chirping. As I walked in, I couldn't help a smile from taking place on my face. Mr. Weasley was finally with us, with a beautiful crown on his head. His children were just talking and arguing over the gifts. There was a real family atmosphere.

"Skylar, my dear!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed , striding over to me. "Take it, it's for you!"

She handed me two packages, both well wrapped in brown wrapping paper.

"You shouldn't have, Mrs. Weasley." I said, grabbing the packages.

She only smiled.

"You're family now. Fred, George, return your sister's gifts!"

I shook my head, smiling as Mrs. Weasley walked in anger towards the twins. I put the presents on the kitchen table and decided to join Mr. Weasley, who was sitting at the end.

"You have a bad face." I said as he smiled.

His face was strewn with bruises and a few sores.

"Don't make me say it. Sit down." he said, pointing to the chair next to him. (He waited until I was seated to continue.) "Thank you."

"For what?"

"If Harry and you hadn't been here, I would have died."

I had a small laugh.

"Harry maybe, but not me. I was there by chance."

Mr. Weasley was about to answer but was interrupted by the twins, who ruffled my hair.

"Merry Christmas to our favorite person on this Earth!" they said at the same time while handing me a box.

I thanked them as Mr. Weasley folded his arms.

"I'm glad your old father is coming after."

Fred put his arm around his father's shoulder.

"Don't worry, you're second dad."

"Mum's third." George added, who gasped after Mrs. Weasley hit him with a tea towel.

I gave Mr. Weasley a last smile and left to put the box Fred and George gave along with my other gifts. I put it down and smiled. This Christmas was amazing.

"What do you think about it?" Harry asked me as he walked up beside me.

I looked at the Weasley family. None held up.

"It's different. We weren't celebrating Christmas at the orphanage."

"Neither did the Dursleys. Finally, they celebrated it without me."