Chapter 5

"But you have the courage and bravery of your parents before you do."

⚜️.⚜️.⚜

After getting into carriages with a strange girl named Luna, we had arrived at the doors of the Great Hall.  The castle was breathtaking. From the outside it shone brightly, but from the inside it was even more impressive.  The stone walls contained portraits like those at Sirius' house, which could speak and move and everything was gigantic. I was very stressed. A lump had formed in my throat as I entered the castle seeing how big it was. The only people I knew were in Gryffindor, so I had a one in four chance of being sorted in this house.

"We can sense your anxiety from here." Ron told me, who was immediately struck by Hermione.

"How many percent of chance that I land with you?" I asked, twisting my fingers.

"By my calculations, I would say..." Ron thought about it for a few seconds. "2.2%. What?" he asked seeing the look Harry and Hermione were giving him. "I bet she'll go to Slytherin."

"Don't listen to him." Hermione reassured me, grabbing my shoulders. "Ron is an idiot."

"If you really want to, you'll go to Gryffindor." Harry added.

"You think?"

"I'm sure." Harry smirked.

"When we get in, you'll have to get to the bottom with the first few years waiting to be sorted out." Hermione told me. "We will go to the Gryffindor table. Don't worry, it's going to be okay."

"Okay." I said, nodding. "Let's go before I make my breakfast here."

The four of us entered the Great Hall, which was literally breathtaking. Four tables lined the room, where many students were seated. Plates, cutlery and golden cups were placed in front of each place. Candles hung from the ceiling which strongly resembled the sky and illuminated the room. Another table was set at the back, where the professors were seated. I recognized in the center, seated on a golden seat much larger than the others, Dumbledore and Snape next to him, watching each student. The professors were all strange. There was a dwarf with a mustache, a totally binocular woman, and further on I saw a woman all dressed in pink with a forced smile on her lips.

"Miss Everlee?" McGonagall had appeared next to me. "Follow me. Potter, Granger, Weasley." she greeted them with a brief nod.

"Good luck." Hermione whispered to me.

I gave her a quick smile and followed McGonagall, who had left to the back of the room where the early years were gathered, who were looking at me curiously.

"What?" I asked them.

None answered and they quickly turned their gazes to the stool and the hat, which was singing a hymn. The hat was magic, the wizards called it Sorting Hat. It was it who placed the students in the ideal house by reading their minds. McGonagall walked over to the staff table, grabbed a glass and hit it with a spoon to get the students' attention. Everyone fell silent and looked in the direction of the Transfiguration teacher.

"We're going to sort out the first few years." she announced, putting the glass and the table down. "But before that, today we welcome a new student, transferred from BeauxBatons. Miss Everlee, if you don't mind."

She motioned for me to come forward and sit on the stool. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and walked forward, carefully avoiding looking at the teachers and students. I sat down on the stool and McGonagall put the Sorting Hat on my head. I felt him move and he started to speak:

"Hmmm... Skylar Everlee. I've been waiting for you for a long time. So let's see... You have great qualities to be in Slytherin... As cold and cunning as him..."