Prologue

"Avoid trouble in the future"

⚜️.⚜️.⚜

Almost gasping for breath, the young mother ran to her children's room. She relaxed slightly as she saw them both unharmed, staring wide-eyed at her from the little boy's cradle. But it was only short-lived since she suddenly heard glass breaking from the ground floor, a sign that it had already arrived.  She hurriedly closed the door behind her and walked quickly to the crib. She met her twins' green eyes, green eyes they had inherited from herself. The little boy was the first to reach out to his mother, while the little girl just watched.

Lily Potter felt a few tears run down her cheeks. She knew this was going to be the last time she was going to be able to hug her children. She and James hadn't succeeded. Someone had betrayed them. She grabbed Harry, who clung to her. The kids knew something was going to happen.

"Harry James Potter. Be wise and strong, my son. Watch over your sister, and always do what's right."

She managed to smile among the tears that flowed more and more from her eyes. Lily put Harry back in the crib, and turned to the little girl. She grabbed it and the baby started playing with a section of her red hair.

"Skylar Lily Potter. My sweet little girl.  Let your brother watch over you. We can already see that you have the character of your father, so avoid trouble in the future."

Skylar, who didn't seem to understand a word, stared into her mother's green eyes and opened her mouth to try to speak. Only "a" came out. Lily put her back in the cradle, next to her brother, then kissed the foreheads of each of her children a last. She looked at them one very last time and then, sensing a presence behind her, turned and faced the dark mage's red eyes. You could only make out his blood-colored eyes, the rest of his face hidden by a large black hood.

"Really touching. Now step aside, Mudblood."

His voice was as cold as his eyes. Lily wasn't afraid. She knew she was going to die, but it was worth it. Her children were her priority.

"No."

Her voice was firm and confident as it echoed through the room.

"So be it."

The dark mage raised his white wand and pointed it straight at Lily Potter.

"Say goodbye to mummy, kids."

Lily closed her eyes. She thought back to her many happy moments, from her schooling at Hogwarts School of Magic, her first kiss with James, her marriage and finally the birth of her children.  She didn't have time to think more than Voldemort was uttering the killing curse.

"Avada Kedavra."

A jet of green light came from the mage's wand and rushed towards his victim. It hit Lily full in the chest, and she collapsed to the floor. Lord Voldemort smiled, he didn't think it was going to be so easy. He thought the Potters would fight a little harder for their lives. He walked slowly, staring at the cradle where the twins were, like a snake ready to devour its prey. He walked past the mother's corpse and finally stood in front of the two babies.

"Adorable..." he whispered. "Which of you two am I going to kill first? The boy or the girl?"

He looked at Harry and gave him a look that made many people shudder.  Harry met his gaze determinedly, but he could make out tears in his eyes.  Voldemort turned his gaze to his sister, who was looking at her brother with concern and stammering incomprehensible words. But when the girl raised her green eyes to him, the dark mage's heart slowed. Her big green eyes stared at her red eyes in an impressive way. She wasn't scared, didn't cry and most of all, didn't seem to look at him like he was a monster. M A flash darkens his eyesight slightly.  From there he could see some bits of her future. She will be an exact replica of her mother. But a phrase echoed in the dark lord's mind "She belongs to the dark lord." Her fate was all mapped out. This sentence was part of the prophecy Snape had brought him. Their souls were both bound by this same prophecy.