Step on my Toes!

After dinner, Pavi noticed Ashwin standing alone in the balcony. She saw Rakshan and Shivani held up in a serious conversation. So she moved to the balcony to meet Ashwin.

"I don't trust him Shivani. He is very money minded. Way too ambitious. Stay careful." Rakshan said after a moment of hesitation.

"Mr. Lawyer! You are talking as if I am going to marry Karthik tomorrow" she chuckled.

"Someone doesn't seem Happy! Can I join you" Pavithra exclaimed and Ashwin turned back hearing her voice.

"Adellam illa. Vanga" he welcomed her.

"Enna Ashwin. Did we bore you talking about office?"

He just smiled.

"Marry him? You can stay single forever" Rakshan murmured under his breath

"Is Shivani committed??" Ashwin asked Pavi

"No. Karthik is board member Krishnan's son. From his actions, he seems to be interested in Shivani. So we all pull her legs by calling him her boyfriend. But Shivani never considered him. To confess he isn't worth it"

Ashwin listened to her carefully.

"As you know, Rakshan handles all the legal matters of AK Group. I have no idea why Rakshan hates him. I am sure, he is advising his little sister to stay away from him" she said. Both Ashwin and Pavi turned around to see Rakshan and Shivani held up in a serious conversation.

"Anna you know about my dream project. And to make it happen I cannot be in the negative side of the board members. I know Karthik is interested in me for his own benefits. But I cannot ignore him on his face. I have already caught the tiger by his tail. I am not in a position to leave it. The moment I leave it, I will be trouble. I will hold it until the project hits the floor successfully" she said sternly.

That night, Ashwin and Shivani bid goodbye to Rakshan and Pavi and went to their rooms without much words. They had so many things to process after all.

~

Shivani dozed off late , she woke up late. Her entire morning routine ruined. Ashwin always preferred to go to gym in morning and come home only around 8 giving her space to get ready. Remember water heater yet to be installed in Shivani's work room. He came home around 8 and understood she was late by looking at the mess she was creating. He went to the kitchen, made a quick toast and packed for breakfast. It was obvious she wouldn't eat enough now. He made some fruit juice and went to the living room.

"Shivani indha!"

"Vendam Ashwin. I am getting late!" she said as she was searching something.

"Calm down and Drink this. I know you have some important meeting. I will get your things" he said pushing the glass and toast into her hands before she could deny. By the time she completed the juice and toast, he kept her mobile, charger, hair clips, bike key and her laptop bag on the table.

"Thank you so much "she said in a hurry and picked them and ran towards the lift.

As soon as the lift opened, she remembered something and turned back to her apartment. Ashwin came out and jogged towards the lift at the same time carrying her kurti dupatta that was lying in the couch.

"You are my saviour!" she exclaimed, snatched the dupatta from his hand and ran into the lift so that it doesn't closes and moves down. He chuckled, held the lift for a moment and she looked at him.

"All the best!" he said, ruffled his hair and went back to his apartment while the lift closed leaving her dumbstruck for a moment. She was taken back to the days when her mom always ran behind her to make sure she doesn't forget anything and panic. In all the chaos between mom and daughter, her mom would never forget to stop her a moment to say "All the best".