MARAN ASSOSCIATES

"Enna ma?? Ezhunthutiya??"

"Ashwiney? adhukulla kelambitiya?"

"Aama ma. Shooting irukku. Airport vandhutten. I have kept some tea in the kitchen. Tea kudichitu, enakku call pannu"

"Hmm...stay in the line...Cup eduthutten...ippo pesu!??"

"Hmm...Kudichitiya?"

"Kudichitten Ashwiney."

"Fine! Now listen to me carefully."

"Shivani. If you want to quit everything and come with me, I will be the most happiest man. But , trust me. You will not be happy. Unga periyappa thititaru nu ellarayum vittutu vara poriya?"

"Illa Ashwin..Adhu!"

"My own father doesn't trust me. He didn't want to meet me even when he was in death bed. But you are his soul.Amma said, he survived the chemotheraphy and the treatment only because of you. Not just him. Rakshan had quit the company for you. He fought with me for you. Nisha and her mother hate me even today because I made you cry. Even now, Rakshan left his home for you.."

"Shivani...Irukiya??"

"Haan...sollu Ashwiney. Kettutu than irukken" she replied wiping her tears.

"If he comes to know what you told me yesterday, he will be shattered. Yosichu paru Shivani."

"I understand. But enakku kastama irukku Ashwiney! Naan edhu pannalum ellarum enna judge panra mathiri irukku. And Sorry! Upset la, unna yum hurt panniten!

"Adellam parava illa. Remember everybody loves you. Count your blessings Shivani. Avasara pattu kovathula anga yaraiyum hurt pannidadha ma. Ellarum irundhum , thaniya irukkura kastam enakku theriyum. I don't want you to encounter that. I should leave now. Talk to you later".

She came out of the kitchen and saw Rakshan reading the newspaper that he bought after his jog. She filled a cup with coffee and sat next to him. He ignored her and engrossed himself in the paper.

"Already NISHA akka is ignoring me. Neeyum yen ippadi behave panra??"

"That's because Nidha is angry on you."

"Is it because of the scandal??"

"Nisha didn't give a damn about the scandal. She is angry . because she knows"

"What??" Shivani asked raising her eyebrows.

"That you are married to ASHWIN"

She rested her head on the sofa. This is going to be more difficult. Fear engulfed her suddenly.

~

Week later,

"Periyamma...." She called for the 5th time within half an hour.

"Enna di"

"Please periyamma..last time...seri panni vidunga!! Please" she cried requesting her periyamma to adjust the pleats.

"Shivani! You are 26. Innum podavaya samalika therila. Nee eppadi enga annan oda office ah samalikara?? Enakku onnum purila"

"Adellam easy. Idhu than kastam"

"Mamiyar veetuku ponna yaar varuvanga pleats pudika??"

"Ashwin pannuvan...." She bit her tongue immediately while Mrs.Maran raised her head and glared at her. Before she could say something,