Marudhani...

A week later,

"Take your time Ashwin. Nan enga poga poren!" This was the worst thing that she did. Atleast that is what felt right to say when she saw Ashwin in that vulnerable state. But he seemed to have taken it way too seriously. It was less than a week for the auspicious date but she seemed to be in no mood to pamper herself. Pavi was having hard time pulling her for skin care routines. Even her patience saw its limit when Shivani stood motionless while the entire family were breaking their heads to decide in which saree she would look ethereal? Green or Red!

"Ashwin setharu inniku" Pavithra murmured once the shopping was done and the elders moved away giving the cousins some space.

"You are not calling him" Shivani made it clear.

"Dei Rakshan. Eppadi irukka paaruda. Iva than kalyana ponnu nu sonna andha sales man kooda namba mattan. SAM, Avaru yen ippadi panraru? Neenga pesalam illa?"

"Nan call pannen Pavithra. Aana phone switched off" SAM said.

"Shoot la irundhuruppan. Nan Sharath kitta pesaren. Dei SAM number solluda" Rakshan offered and took his phone.

"Yaarum Ashwin kitta pesa vendam. I am fine. Let him take some time. Let him clear his head and come. I owe this on me. Avara disturb pannadheenga. Let me repeat, yaarum avaru kitta pesa koodadhu. Mukkiyama Nee" she pointed her fingers towards Pavi and left the room to meet Pugazh who was standing at the entrance with a file.

~

The room was filled with flowers and the traditional wedding night setup. Rithika was in the corner browsing through her lines letting the artists do their touch up. The first lead , Sunita, and technicians were in another corner discussing something among themselves and laughed at Ashwin.

"uh! Enna??" he asked.

"Nan sollala. Ashwin inga illanu.." Sunita chided.

"Aama adutha vaaram original First night ku shopping panna vendiya aala inga okara vacha??"

Except for the phrase "FIRST NIGHT" he heard nothing.

"Namma FIRST NIGHT" indha bed la than" he said and she blushed.

~

"Shivani ma. Couch vendam. Vaa bed ku polam. I promise to be good"

"Vendam"

"Yen mela nambika illaya?"

"Suthama illa!!"

~

"Shivani...nan anupuna link check panniya? Un size sollu" he texted from his set.

"Don't you dare order that"

"Ma idellam ennoda long time fantasy. Please ma"

"Your fantasy about us will come true! In your dreams!!"

"Ma irukkiya? Enna reply eh illa??"

"Ayyo Ashwiney..Idha Dr. Aravind ku anupitten! Pochu pochu! Poda. Ellam unnala than. Ippo First night oru keda?? Unakku First night eh nadakadhu. Anniku current podium." she called him and cursed while he laughed holding his stomach tight, dropping his phone down.