Mr. Arunachalam Returns

London Hospital,

"Sorry for being so direct..But"

"That's OK" Arvind took a deep breathe before stopping Nisha in her mid sentence.

"Arvind.. Actually idhu Arunachalam mama ku theriyadhu. Infact yengaluke ippo than theriyum" Nisha tried to explain. Probably seeing the even cool man so disturbed made her feel so guilty? She didn't know. She was indeed angry on SAM for being so straight and blunt. Arvind continued to be silent which disturbed Nisha more. That was when, his mobile beeped with a message which confused him initially and later annoyed him more.

~

A week later, Pavithra's Place:

"I don't know what I should worry. Mama arrival or my stupid mistake?"

"Let me make a list then" Pavi chided as took her notepad and Shivani threw a couch cushion on her.

"Inga va.. Sollu enna aachu ?"

Shivani pushed her mobile to Pavithra. Though Pavithra gaped in shock for a moment, later she composed herself when she understood what could have happened. While Shivani was busy giving in to Ashwin's flirty texts, Arvind had pinged her in between. She had replied to Arvind instead of Ashwin, embarrassing herself. Though she had confronted to Arvind within minutes, when he didn't respond anything, it kind of scared her.

Text1:

"Keep Dreaming. All your wild fantasies about us will come true! IN YOUR DREAMs!!

Text2:

"Sorry Dr. Arvind! That was a wrong text, not meant for you. Very Sorry!!"

Pavithra read the message again and chuckled.. "Idukku than Ashwin ku yedhavadhu Nick name vachi irukanum. Arvind, Ashwin, edho school attendance register mathiri save panna, ippadi than aagum. And see, both of them hold the top position on your chatbox."

"You are not helping Pavi.." she said resting her palms on her forehead.

"Vidu baby. Perusa onnum illa... Seri..let me check Ashwin's fantasy first."

As Pavi was about to open, Ashwin's texts, Shivani leaped from her seat and pulled her mobile back and shoved it into her bag.

"Romba panra di !" Pavithra complained.

~

Coimbatore, Mr. Arunachalam house:

Mr. and Mrs. Arunachalam, Mr. and Mrs. Maran and Nisha were seated in the couch. While Ashwin , Shivani , SAM and Rakshan were standing.

"Anna..Romba thanks. Neengalum Malini yum illana, nan romba kasta patu iruppen"

"Anni..yen Idellam pesikittu.." Mrs. Maran comforted Mrs. Arunachalam immediately. Arunachalam and Maran looked at each other.

"Eppadi irukka Rakshan??"

"Nalla irukken Mama..." Rakshan smiled and Mr. Arunachalam nodded.

"Office eppadi poguthu Mara??"

"Onnum problem illa. Medical college inauguration kooda nalla pochu. Shivani had good control over everything"

Art of co-existence is an interesting feature in big joint families. You know the person opposite in and out. Yet you cannot strike them. Also people in joint families hold master degrees in pretending that they are fine with each other. Rakshan, Shivani, Mr.Maran, Ashwin all had their smile plastered as trained. Bitter truth or sugar coated lie, Shivani's heart indeed skipped a beat when she heard one good thing about her from her periyappa and for some reason she wanted to just enjoy instead of decoding the meaning of it.