4. Dancing In The Dark.

It was the middle of the night in Minsk, the sun had dipped below the horizon hours earlier, and the cities residents had long since crawled under their covers and gone to sleep. But while sunset signalled the end of the day for most, for some it meant only the beginning.

Louie stood on the roof of the building across from the city gallery, his dark clothing, not only breathable and manoeuvrable, also allowed him to hide in the shadows.

The digital-watch on his left-wrist, read 01:34, which in the young thief's opinion, was honestly too early for a heist, but unfortunately, he was working against the clock. At any second, an alarm could trip or police cars will come swerving round the corner, and the statue Louie had planned to steal, would be gone. 

His phone beeped and a text from Amelia came through. It's message was simple:  The security-system is mine. Go.

Louie grabbed his backpack full of tools, and slung it over his shoulder. With a flick of his rest, his gauntlet had fired out a hook attached to a wire, which while no thicker than a shoelace, could easily support his weight.

The small hook dug into one of the red dome roofs, and Louie pulled his wrist, checking to see if the line was secure, when the hook didn't budge, he leapt from the roof he was standing on, once the wire reached it's maximum length, Louie gently swung down, reaching just outside a window on the third floor.

Whoever designed the gallery's security protocols was smart, as while Amelia had control over all of the building electronic security features, the locks on the windows were manually locked, meaning she couldn't open them.

With his gauntlet hand suspended, Louie carefully unzipped his bag with his free hand, and pulled out a gadget that looked quite a bit like an ordinary click-pen, but when the button was pushed, the barrel discharged a powerful concentrated laser, not an ink-cartridge.

The laser made quick work of the lock, cutting through it faster than a hot-knife in butter, and with the lock gone and alarms deactivated, Louie managed to pry the window open. Holding onto the window-sill, Louie flicked his wrist again, dragging the hook and wire back into the gauntlet, before pulling himself into the window.

He quietly closed the window, and stashed the laser-pen, he then removed a pair of multiuse goggles from his bag. Securing them to his head, the thief turned the small dial on the side, switching the devices settings from basic to heat-vision. 

Louie all but ran through the halls of the gallery, since Amelia had taken control of the security, he didn't have to worry about cameras spotting him or tripping motion sensors. The guards were the only main opposition to him at the moment, but with the thermal tracker on his goggles, he could see them from down hallways, through walls and even on different floors.

Spotting the heat signatures of a few guards, Louie looked for a place to hide. With his enemies fast approaching, the teen leapt over a red rope which surrounded a piece of modern art, which seemed to be multiple old TVs stacked atop each other, he hid behind while the two familiar faces passed.

"I can't fill my wallet."

"Weird," - The second-man said I can't find mine either."

He waited until he was sure the two had passed, before leaving his hiding spot, he continued to stealthily run through the hallways, watching as the cameras in the hallways conveniently turned away from his position and the electronic locks on the gallery's interior doors clicked open for him.

He was close to the sculpture department now, if he kept up the pace he was at now, he would be out of the museum and heading to the safe-house with the Icarus idol tucked safely away in a crate and ready for transport out of the country.