Chapter 1

Emily's P.O.V

"Backseat serenade
Little hand grenade
Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone
You're salty like a summer day
Kiss the pain away
To your radio"

My alarm on my phone went off. I could never get sick of this song. I lazily got up from bed. "Great another day of hell".

Let's just make this clear my name is Emily Martinez I'm from Sydney, Australia which I still live in, I go to ridge way high school (A/N- I made that up), I'm an honor roll student, I'm known as a nerd, my best friend and only friend is Calum Hood, and pretty much everyone hates me at school.

I quickly get dressed in navy blue jeans with a nice pink shirt and some black converse. I did my hair and make-up and ran down stairs smelling breakfast.

"Goodmorning dad" I smile. "Goodmorning sweetheart, today I'm coming home late by the way take care okay?" He smiles.

Did I ever mention my Dad is the sheriff. It's just only me and my Dad living in this house, my mom died with my siblings in a car crash two years ago.

I grab my backpack and headed out the door. I go and wait for the school bus by my house until it comes.

"Hey Emily!" Calum starts running towards me. "Hey Cal". We waited for a few more minutes till the bus came.

The bus door opened as Calum and I went inside. Of course I was going to sit next to him on the bus it's our routine. As I walk inside the bus people give me dirty looks I ignore it and keep walking.

Suddenly I trip over someone's foot. It was one of my bullies since third grade Bethany Hernandez. Also known as the queen bee of the school dating Michael Clifford.

"Watch it loser" she snickered. "Leave her alone Bethany" Calum defended me. Bethany just rolled her eyes.

I find a seat for both of us to sit. "Thanks for defending me". "That's what best friends are for".I smile and look at the window to see the view.

As I walk to my first class by my self since Calum and I don't have history together my books get slammed on the floor. Michael Clifford of course was the one who slammed my books, and of course his little group was with him too. Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Bethany.

"Why do you even exist you piece of shit!" He yelled at me while I picked up my books. As I pick them up Luke slams them against the floor again and Ashton pushes me to the ground, Michael starts kicking my ribs while Luke punches me, Ashton and Bethany soon do the same.

They all leave to skip class. As I get up painfully heading to the nurses office.

The only people who actually knows what's been happening was the nurse I begged her not to tell anyone and also Calum.

I had a few bruises here and there with some cuts.
-----

My other periods were finally over I just had lunch and English with Calum then school is over.

I head to the lunch room finding Calum in our own table we usually sit at by our selves.

I head over to Calum and sit across from him. "Today sucks ass" I complained. "Tell me about it".

"Hey you wanna come to my place and order pizza after school?" He asked.
"Yeah sure no problem".

As I was telling Calum what happened today before History I get interrupted by being covered up by food. I look up to see Bethany getting her food tray from the ground. "Oops it must of slipped" she laughed.

"Why do you always have to pick on her?" Calum yelled.
"Because she deserves it. Why do you even hang out with her anyway?".
"Because she's actually a nice person not what you think she is!"

I wipe off the food and ran to the girls bathroom. Why does everyone hate me so much? What have I done? Why do I even exist?

I come out of the girls bathroom and head to Music class. My mascara was all messed up and dried.

I walk inside late to class having all eyes on me. "Emily why are you late?" My music teacher asks

"Something came up".
"Okay I'll let you slip this once but next time it's a detention".

"Okay" I mumbled.

I sit next to Calum for the rest of the class like usual.

"Psst nerd" I turn around seeing Michael saying that to me.

"What do you want" I asked annoyed.

"Has anybody told you look hot when you're annoyed" he smirked.
I roll my eyes. "Fuck off".

For the rest of the class he kept throwing spitballs at me. I just ignored him. That's all I ever do is ignore him. But he seems like he always wants attention.