❯ 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

drinking before a mission? that isn't very convenient.
minho looked at me as i caught him sitting by the counter holding a glass of alcohol. he scoffed silently at me and turned his head away.
what are you even doing here?
he asked with a quiet voice.

i sat beside him and ordered a drink as well.
i heard this place has the best beverages around here, plus it's near the building so i decided to check it out.
i told him honestly.

he put his glass down and stood up, walking past behind me and out of the door. i drank my glass up in one go and rushed to follow him outside. it was raining and we stayed under the shed, he was standing near the bar window, hands shoved in his long black coat as he watched the rain fall lightly on the streets and the cars that were passing by. he didn't move from his place but for sure he felt my presence.

i sighed and looked up at the gloomy sky.
i have more to investigate, about the mafia itself—
i held his wrist as he almost slashed his knife at the pulse of my neck, he was so fast i almost wouldn't have been alive by now.
what other secrets it hides, connections to the politician, what other illegal firms it's been doing behind the government in the past twenty years. i've been assigned to watch it and investigate both situations.
i said as his knife was almost pressing against my skin, our hands were now shaking from both opposite forces. i knew of this knife, it was where he got his code name; thin yet doubled edge shaped like a fang, one edge for slaughtering and one edge for poisoning. he had the slaughter option on my neck thank god.

he pulled his knife away, and a trail of blood trickled from my jaw, down my neck, slightly staining my collar.
it was a mistake of you to tell me this.
he said and shafted his knife back inside the scath hidden in one of his boots.
even so, you had no choice but to spare me until the mission is done.
i grinned at him.

and what makes you think i wouldn't kill you by my own will?
he said a bit annoyed and i let out a small chuckle.
because you just simply wouldn't, i'm pretty sure you've already suspected me since the beginning yet i'm still alive. your instincts are admirable.
i said.
why didn't you kill me from then?
i asked him, turning my gaze to look at his eyes but he just looked at me with waver.

we still need you, i'll kill you after then, but it won't be worth it if i fight someone who doesn't even have his hands dirty.
he told me.
are you still salty about me not killing?
i asked him genuinely this time. he turned his back and shoved his hands back in his coat, the lonesome presence still lingered around him.
yes. very.
he told me before walking away.

the time we arrived it was a few hours before the estimated sunrise, where the night is darkest. minho and i were in charge of retrieving the files for evidence, it was supposed to be minho alone, but they won't say a word about what kind of evidence we need to retrieve so i went with him to keep the mafia on watch so they won't betray us.

there were eight other mafia members and special military police at guard, we're trying to keep a quick and clean escape as possible.
minho and i walked through the dark halls of the condo after the others had put out the electricity, the secretary was in the second to the last floor.

minho opened the door leading to the staircase since the elevator was down, he moved up the stairs so swiftly he didn't even make a sound, i'd be unlucky to have him as an enemy the more i watch the way he moves. 
i followed him up, being as quiet as i can be, i was lucky i move well even in the dark.
he could have killed me here if he can, take the evidence for himself and let the mafia betray us.

i smiled as i had stopped his wrist again from slashing me, in response to my reaction, minho slightly laughed amused.
do it.
he said, leaning back to press unto the gun i had pointed on his head with my other hand.
come on.
he invited me again, i smiled and we both pulled away.

he turned back, putting his knife in the shaft and pulling his gun out before walking out the stairs again. i watched his barely seen silhouette in this dark room.

he meant it when he had asked me to shoot him.

━━━━━━━ • ♤ • ━━━━━━━
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 : 𝙾𝟼𝙾𝟼𝟸𝟸
i'm keeping this cover for a
while bc dazai looks smexy