letters to the wind

[Letter O1]
Dear no one,
Before I knew it, my dream to become a lawyer had come to an end. I could never escape the talk of the village even if I tried to read and learn. In their eyes, a woman was meant to stay home and take care of her children, serve his husband. If she starts reading and learning, she starts getting ideas and become bold. I was so close to getting that scholarship, but I was forced to marry against my will. As I stood by my parents' grave, I held the bump on my belly and cried like a lost child. How could they? I should be mad at them, but I just feel pain, how come it has come to this that I had to lose them too? Out of all why did they choose to marry me off to Sim Jiwon? He ran away like a scared pig once my parents died, and I'm anticipating a child. What should I do now?

[Letter O2]
Dear no one,
No matter how much I try to hate my daughter for all the inconveniences happening in my life, how could I be so selfish to think like that? How beautiful she is, so small and delicate, like an angel between my arms. I named her Minah like my mother suggested, it would be nice to have the guidance of a mother right now. I'm still not sure if I'm breastfeeding her right, if I'm washing her right, if there's something I should do so she wouldn't cry as often. But I'll figure something out, I'll turn fifteen in a few days, and my aunt said she'll come visit the town then.

[Letter O3]
A plague arrived and Minah got infected when she played with the neighboring kids. Some of the villagers were riding wagons to the nearby town, seeking medical attention. I begged them to take my daughter but none of them were willing to help. I barely have enough money to buy medicine, I can't risk it with paying for a ride. I carried Minah on my back and hiked the road to the next town which had a hospital, it took a day and a night, I was beyond exhausted, but my daughter was on the line. I collapsed when I reached the hospital, I woke up with Minah already admitted in one of the rooms. I gave them all the money I had, but they said it won't be enough, and Minah still needs to be confined a while longer. I went back to the village, trying to dig everywhere to find some money to spare but I only found a few coins inside a drawer. My aunt luckily arrived that night, I asked her if she had money to lend me, but she said she wasn't there to help me— she was just there to take custody over my family's diner and house. I was a minor, with no will, if I don't pay her within this month all my inheritance will be gone. Minah and I would have to live in the streets. How cruel can she be?

[Letter O4]
A journalist passed by the village to write about the plague, time was running out to save Minah, he told me he could give me a hefty sum to save my daughter if I slept with him for one night. It was just one night, I didn't care at all as long as I could cure Minah.
He was.... So aggressive.... So brutal.... I almost passed out the next morning. I cried more than I should have, feeling so disgusted and tired, but when he handed over the money, it all washed away and i felt relieved. My daughter could be saved.

[Letter O5]
It's been a week since I bore my second child, the midwife said I could've died with how weak my body was but I survived. I had to survive. It was a boy this time, so I named him Minhyuk, after my father. There was a lingering regret in me, having to bear him with that jerk of a journalist, but I dare not blame my son. I've survived this long, I can provide for longer. Well, I do have to give that journalist some credit, the money he gave me had enough left to get the diner back. The old house however, well, I didn't have enough money to take it back. We have to sleep in the diner for the meantime and I'm working 24 hours a day to milk off all the money I could get to save up and get a new one for me and my kids. I'm halfway there, I hope my children don't mind.

[Letter O6]
Dear Cupid,
I've read a lot of romance books in the past. Is he... The one for me? Of what odds would such a handsome and gentlemen of an actor become stranded in this cursed town? What more having him notice me out of everyone? He must've met a lot of beautiful actresses in the city. What special could I be in his eyes? Everyday he would come to the diner and bring me freshly picked marigolds from the old lady who sold them near the lake. He would compliment my cooking and sometimes help me with serving the dishes. He never misses the chance to compliment my looks even when I look messy and tired. When I had too much on my plate, he offered to take care of my children and they seem to like him well. I.... I'm getting too delusional right now, maybe he just felt sorry for me, if that's the case I don't blame him.