❯ 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

minho had already told me not to expect much of his relationship with his family members, especially to his mom. but i can't help it, i didn't know she'd be like this.

she is really beautiful. an obvious thing, she had given birth to minho after all, but she almost looked nothing like him. he got her sharp features, and maybe attitude, but that was basically it.

i knew of different families, all different from the other, and i respect it if minho doesn't talk about it often. as i was always curious, got it probably from work, i didn't want to ask minho much about his siblings or parents until he himself decides to tell me. this time around, i want to push our work aside, he is obviously in an uncomfortable situation being back home, and i want to ease things better for him as much as i can.

i could tell changbin also had a lot of questions, he was a lot more curious than i was. recently, he started to create a good friendship with minho, and i know he wants to be protective but still be able to understand his friend's choices. it is one of the things i admire most about changbin.

we stood by the lake, i saw the look of longing in minho's eyes as he saw those kids. i ushered him a bit, initiating to talk to them. i also had younger siblings, so i could maybe emphasize with him a bit on that topic. i also miss my younger siblings a lot even if i don't admit it.

the boy reading under the tree stood up as we approached them, the girl on the swing stopped to look as well.
seungmin?
minho asked, his voice slightly hopeful, the softest i've heard it.

the boy fixed his glasses and bowed politely at us.
are you hyungs here for a swim? sorry we don't usually get visitors here for vacation.
he said, minho's eyes were slightly disappointed. the boy fishing by the lake ran to seungmin excitedly.
hyung hyung hyung! who are they!?
the boy asked excitedly.

shhh hongmin, go play with minyoo for a bit.
he told his younger brother, he pouted and ran back to the lake, the girl on the swing walked towards us, giving us a last glance before running towards her brother to continue fishing.

seungmin looked back at us.
u-um, if you don't mind me asking, how do you know my name? and do you need anything i can help with?
he asked, arms hugging his book. he was reading an autobiography of a famous retired lawyer. this kid got dreams i should say.

he looked nothing like minho either, but i could see traces of their mom in his features. in a way, they were similar in the way they spoke, especially when minho is serious.

your mom told us you could help us get something from your old house. she said it's near this lake.
changbin said, trying to help minho who was still staring at his younger brother unmoving.
oh.... i guess.... you're here for mom's service-

no we're not!
minho suddenly shouted, eyes in a panic that it took seungmin back surprised. the kids playing by the lake looked back at us.
i-i.....
minho stuttered, staring desperately at seungmin's eyes behind the lens of his glasses. but there was nothing, seungmin had no idea who he was.

minho sighed in defeat.
we're friends of lee minhyuk.... we were asked to retrieve a few things of his.....
he said, voice almost breaking.

changbin and i breathed out in slight shock but we kept our mouths shut, we respect it if minho doesn't want his brother to know about him. seungmin nodded his head, smiling slightly.
has mom given you the key?
he asked and minho nodded, taking the key out his pocket and showing it to him.

hongmin! minyoo! don't go anywhere! big brother will just help these hyungs!
he shouted at the children and turned back to us.

we started to walk, but were suddenly stopped by the two kids.
you're going to the old house!? can we come with you?!
they shouted excitedly, seungmin looked at us a bit sorry but minho told him it was okay.

c-can you.....
minho started.
introduce me... i mean us to your siblings....
he asked seungmin softly and the younger nodded his head with a smile.
my older siblings are.... well.... i don't want to talk about them.
he started causing minho's smile to drop a bit.

this is hongmin and minyoo, they're ten and twins.
seungmin introduced the two. they both looked like minho actually, my chest warmed up at the thought that this could probably be how minho looked like when he was at their age.

the house is quite old looking, most of it was made of wood. it's slightly creaking as the wind passed by, almost broken down by how abandoned it was.
minho took the key and unlocked it, he turned to us and held a breath.
can you guys stay out here for a while? i need to talk to seungmin privately first.
he said earning unison confusion from us.

he looked at my eyes and i understood, i looked at changbin for help and he nodded, starting to act goofy before holding minyoo's hands, pretending to be some kind of monster- i dunno shrek maybe. the two of them started to play in the open grass near the tree while i carried hongmin on my shoulders, running towards changbin and minyoo.

a couple of minutes later, seungmin came marching out the house visibly angered. the door opened harshly that the sound had shocked us.
let's go.
he told his younger siblings, not even sparing us a glance and leaving as fast as they could.

changbin and i looked at them confused, we turned our attention back at the house and walked towards it. minho had a sullen look on his face while dusting off the bookshelf in the living room.
come on guys, let's find that evidence..... mom said we can stay here for a while, we leave tomorrow.

━━━━━━━ • ♤ • ━━━━━━━

𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 : 𝟷𝟸𝟸𝟻𝟸𝟸

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!Here's a little gift for you,I hope you liked it

Here's a little gift for you,
I hope you liked it.

Love, sea