❯ 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

❝ hyunjin? ❞minho asked seeing the taller male sitting by the lockers and hugging his knees on the empty hallway

hyunjin?
minho asked seeing the taller male sitting by the lockers and hugging his knees on the empty hallway.
what happened?
he asked and sat down beside him. how bold of you to ask lee minho.
the evidences my father and i worked hard to fight for..... they're gone....
hyunjin cried.

what? how can that be?
minho wanted to laugh at the words he's saying.

hyunjin shook his head, pursing his lips.
the safe was in perfect condition but everything inside were just ashes.... i can't believe i've disappointed both my father and sister just like that.
hyunjin said weakly. minho took a breath, hesitating, but he gave in to his conscience and held hyunjin in his arms. he was still crying, but minho's eyes were nothing but soulless as he tried to comfort the younger. how funny is it, to be consoled blindly by someone who had done you wrong.
you don't need to worry anymore.
you'll be gone sooner or later.

thanks man, kinda embarrassed you had to see me like that.
hyunjin shyly rubbed the nape of his neck. minho let out a soft chuckle.
it's alright hyunjin, if you need anything....... i'm.... always here.
minho's words trailed off as it left his mouth, hyunjin was nothing but delighted to have a friend with him now, he felt a portion of the weight lift off his shoulders. he patted minho's back and smiled at him.
i'm grateful really, see you tomorrow.
hyunjin waved goodbye.

minho waved goodbye as well.
yeah, see you tomorrow.
he watched as hyunjin got in the driver's seat, jinmi already sitting in the passenger's seat.

the car drove ahead and minho pressed something in his pocket. in a split second, black and fire reflected through minho's eyes— shaking his world, and ringing his stone heart. 

how ironic it is to feel regret the second the endeavor was done.

minho tapped on his ear, a tear trailing down his cheek.
monsieur, the job is done.

━━━━━━━ • ♤ • ━━━━━━━

𝙏𝙊 𝘽𝙀 𝘿𝙀𝘾𝙀𝙄𝙑𝙀𝘿 𝙊𝙁 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂

why do people live?

for money? for fame? for redeeming? what is the use of all these things after death?

little christopher, in this world it is inevitable to meet people. different kinds of people.
the ten year old boy darted his attention from his animal book to the old man sitting on a rocking chair. his back faced the boy as he watched the city below, cigarette held in one hand.
but there is one thing humans have in common.
the old man blew smoke of deep gray.
they all have sinned and will sin. there is no good nor bad, no white nor black, everyone is a villain.

but it will always be your choice how you will live by that reality.

three years later

won't you eat before you go christopher?
chan heard his mom call out to him and he chuckled, raising the soccer ball up his hand so his mom could see. the thirteen year old felt ecstatic that day, he was quite confident they'd win their school's soccer tournament next week.
i'll just eat after playing mom. the team should be waiting for me now— love you bye!
he hurried out the door and made a dash towards the soccer field.

he arrived and saw his junior, lee felix, waiting alongside their teammates. the young freckled boy waved his hands happily after seeing chan.
hey captain!
felix called out, always proud of his friend who he looked up to the most.
sorry i'm late, warm up and start doing drills. we have a match to win!
chan told his teammates and they started to cheer.

hours passed and the sun started to set, they practiced for a long run that they lay on the grass exhausted and panting. after about an hour, the team started to go their separate ways, waving goodbye as their parents came to pick them up.
your driver hasn't arrived, i can get you home if you want, my mom can drive and my house is just a walking distance from here!
chan offered his favorite junior and best friend. felix put on a cheeky grin and waved his hands to decline.
i'll be fine chris! i'm sure there was just traffic or something, you can go home first.
felix said.

you sure? i can stay until he arrives.
chan said worried, felix was about to speak when their couch walked up to them.
it's okay, i'll just stay with felix until his service arrives. you have exams tomorrow chris, you should probably go home early to study.
chan huffed a breath.
oh yeah, i guess i'll just see you tomorrow felix!

sure thing. good luck on your exams!
felix cheered and chan waved his goodbye, looking back at the younger until he was out of sight.

hours passed and the night fell, felix still sat on the field, wanting to go home. the coach walked up to him and crouched to his height, smiling warmly.
it's getting late, i'll give you a ride home okay?
he offered and felix nodded his head.

the next day, there was an urgent knock on the bang residence. chan went down the stairs to see what it was but his mom was already at the door.
mrs. williams— what happened?! is everything all right?!
chan's mom said in worry and he started to get a bad feeling. mrs. williams was a housekeeper in felix's family.
where is sir christopher? i must tell him the news— his best friend.....
she sobbed and chan's mom ushered her inside the house.
you're starting to scare me, what happened mrs. williams?

chan finally gave in to his emotions and ran down the stairs, he stopped, and his whole world fell into a void.

it's the young master felix— he was raped and found dead by the river this morning!

━━━━━━━ • ♤ • ━━━━━━━
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 : 𝙾𝟼𝟸𝟾𝟸𝟸
hello !!

the next chapters are going to be back to the present time,
more of chan's background story will be up in later chapters

also not to sound psychotic but i love the song on the media sm i found it on a xue yang playlist, at this point young minho and young hyunjin is inspired by xue yang and xiao xingchen (my baby)