❯ 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

a displeasure to see you again.

you too mom.

we sat by the diner that morning, finishing our breakfast quickly as minho ordered us to, changbin and i just followed. the atmosphere wasn't off like i had expected, there was a sullen cloud, a lingering presence of longing, like so many unspoken words were dying in the wind before they could be delivered. the door opened and little hongmin came running in, i smiled, the kid was really cute and polite despite their insolent mother.

he ran to minho's side and hugged his leg, minho's eyes widened and his mouth fell agape, not knowing how to react to his sibling's affection.
big brother!
hongmin looked up at minho, smiling so delightfully. i glanced at changbin also smiling, seeing minho almost to tears.
the rope of the swing broke, can you fix it?
he asked.

minho's mom scoffed from the counter, stacking up the cups in place.
get away from him hongmin, go back home and finish your homework.
she said, and hongmin hugged minho's leg tighter.
i heard you and seungmin hyung saying this hyung is also our big brother, i want to play with him too! be nice to big brother, mom.
he huffed, still hugging minho's leg. the mother and son had eye contact for a split second, and she looked back and forth between minho and hoongmin, she sighed and continued to mind her work while minho turned his attention back to his younger brother.

minho crouched down to lift hongmin up his arms. he smiled, the happiest i'd seen him, holding his younger brother in one arm with ease, his other hand ruffling his hair. i remembered hongmin was ten, yet he seem younger than his age, still, it reminded me why i feel some sort of softness over him. he was the same age as felix the last time i saw him.

every time i see a little kid like him, i just, feel regretful.

big brother will help you fix the swing.
minho said, and hongmin hugged him, probably something minho needed after a long time.
will you stay with us? family aren't supposed to be apart.....
hongmin said quietly.
i never knew i also had another big brother......

i'm sorry hongmin.
minho said and hugged him back, he carried him and stopped by the door, turning around to eye his mother.
don't try anything funny.
minho told his mom who rolled her eyes before leaving us there to tend the swings.

though our interactions with minho's mother weren't that pleasant, we weren't as uncomfortable with her as it seems. she would just do as she does, cleaning and cooking in the diner, barely sparing us a glance. if she would speak to us, well, she doesn't say very nice things, but she acted bearable towards her kids to which i found some sort of relief in.