𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Arthur begins explaining what we are going to do.

"Lily, you house an apex predator. There are not many things that you cannot overcome. But, psychologically is a different story. For you and Terror both. We are going to begin with a simulation."

Psychologically? They can't know about what happened.

He continues, "This program has been perfected, with Eddie. You will not train with anyone except me until you and I think you're ready. Don't want you're buddy killing anyone. Now, we are going to tap into rage."

"What do you mean rage and sadness?" I ask.

He says, "Well kid, it'll start with your most recent memory with these emotions. You'll feel it, and it'll be very painful at first. There will be five steps in your training, can you guess what the first is?"

I hate when people do 'can you guess' I'm not a freaking kindergartener but whatever.

"It's control." I answer.

"Tony is really showing in you kid." Albert says as he smiles.

Terror immediately comes out, the familiar web link between us on my back. He looks at the old man, angrily.

Arthur steps back, and looks like he's regaining his thoughts.

"Are you ready to get started?" He asks as he smiles.

I nod, not really knowing how to feel. At least I know it's just Arthur and me. That lessens the pressure a little bit I suppose.

I'm led into an MRI looking machine.

Terror says in my head, "Is that a fucking MRI?"

"If Eddie did it too then it's not. Venom had to be able to do it too," I explain.

"Alright," He says.

I climb in the tube like machine, Arthur says into a speaker.

"Relax, first time will only be three minutes." Albert mentions.

I nod as sweat drips down my brow. Everything goes black. This feels like Osiris. No. No. No. I really don't want to go back there.

I open my eyes, it's dusk. I look down, I'm on a sidewalk. In the distance I hear slaps of shoes on pavement. If this is a memory... it's where Peter was stalking me on that sidewalk.

The lesson was rage and sadness, right? So I must have to control it.

I stop, and turn around. Tears fall down my cheeks. At first when I was kidnapped, I didn't blame the Avengers. The only thing I held on to was them saving me, but they didn't come.

And turn around to see Peter Parker in his Nasa hoodie with disheveled hair, one that I would wear so often. The one that I would cuddle into when he wasn't near. Or just to inhale his beautiful musky scent of ice and lush forests. He just stares into my eyes, and all I see is the ghost of love.

I close my eyes, Peter helped me through many things. I helped him. But wishing ill on a person is drinking poison.

It's just a simulation.

I walk over towards Peter, he stands still. Looking in to my eyes sadly. Oh God. And I'm close enough to see a tear roll down his eye, shining in the moonlight.

I stand on my tip toes, and give him one last kiss.

"I'm done trying hurt you Peter, it's only hurting me." I whisper softly.

I see the stark white ceiling of the machine again. Arthur claps and says, "Ole Eddie took about three weeks to get where you are now kid, good job."

There's a soft smile on my face, I forgave Pete fake. Maybe it's time I did it for real. Not today. Just God not today. I get out of the room where the machine is.

Arthur asks me, "Would you like to eat with us."

I nod, Terror probably wants to go home. But he's not saying anything but I can feel him again.

We go back down the same way as we came, and go to the door beside the training room. It has the same grey walls, with a round table that can sit about ten in the middle. With a small kitchen in the back of the room.

Eddie is sitting by Lex. Arthur grabs a brown to-go bag and takes out his food. He sits on the other side of Eddie. Connor pats a seat beside him.

I sit down, my forearm brushing his. On the other side of me is Nik, he's acting strange. When is he not?

My leg starts automatically shaking anxiously. Connor puts his hand on my leg and acts casually. I automatically feel more relaxed. Connor grins and my face turns red. Arthur looks at us and smiles. Good Lord, I bet Connor has seven girlfriends like a freaking Mormon.

Eddie hands me some mac and cheese. I've been so anxious about what has been happening I've forgotten to eat. I've done that all my life.

Connor says, "So, Lily. When are you going to come live with us?"

I say, "Uhm- I guess when Terror feels it's right. Soon though."

Connor nods his head.

I can't go to Stark Tower alone. If I brought Eddie, Mom would be worried I'm in love with a 30 year old man. Maybe Connor would go with me.

I lean over, inhaling his scent of flannel grass, and say, "Will you go with me to the Avenger's tower to retrieve my things?"

He whispers back, "Of course."

He smirks playfully and nudges my forearm. I roll my eyes and can feel the pink on my cheeks. Maybe this won't be so bad.