𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

Connor's Point of View

I pull up to the Avengers tower. I've got to say, I've talked a lot of shit about Tony Stark and the rest of the little power puffs. But this is fucking intimidating. In the corner of my eye I see Lily's hand shaking, she quickly covers it up. I don't know how to comfort her.

She straightens her back, and her face immediately goes to the one she wears around the team. Damn.

We walk to the front door to be greeted by the voice of a British sounding robot. Lily called it Jarvis. She must have lived a very rich life. I wonder what happened to her, Eddie, Arthur, and Lex will not tell me. That's beside the point I guess, for now at least. I see a tall red haired woman. She's really hot. Then beside her, holding her hand is a kid that looks like the mini version of Lily.

So that must be... Lily's mom and her sister. Stark genetics are incredible. I look to Lily, she pulls on a stoic face, but you can see little tics. Like jerks of her muscles knowing that smile they make aren't actually real. My little sister would do that before she got killed. She would climb into my bed, and we would watch old Disney movies. Her favorite was Cinderella, it helped us learn English.

I've always been one to not give a damn about anybody else. After Russia, the- That's beside the point.

Lillian is a puzzle that I intend to solve, I know that much. They talk, then Lily leads me up an elevator. It looks like something you would see in Star trek. We go in her old room I guess. On her desk are many pictures. Ones of her and her family. The Parker boy, ugh he's revolting. I see her shove one in her pocket then quickly looks away. Everything is kind of dusty, she picks up a letter from the nightstand. This must be very hard for her. When my семья (family) died there was nothing left. My past was the past, literally burned. I still think she's spoiled but emotions are emotions, right? She softly tells me to grab all the stuff from her dresser. I open it and shove everything in. Lily grabs her iron man suit, she HAS to show me that. I may hate Stark but that thing is freaking cool, when I was a child, and Tony Stark became Iron Man, I was entranced. Poor little Kousa. There's steps coming from the hall, I subconsciously place my hand where my knife is, in a strap on the lower side of my abdomen.

Terror takes Lily's place. I may not know this girl that well. But I do know the only times she lets Terror's form take over is when she feels threatened of it's time for battle. The mini Lily and the Parker boy walk in. The bastard looks mad, scared and angry. The mini Lily screams for Terror. She likes Terror? A brave little girl. I'm freaking scared of him. Man up Kousma (his real name). For some reason I feel the urge to punch the Parker boy in the face. Just by the way Lily reacts to seeing him. Maybe someday I might have the right to know why.

The two leave. Lily collapses on the floor, letting the flood gates open. Mascara runs down her eyes looking like she's crying black. Everyone I've seen cries ugly, not Lillian Stark. I don't know what to do, what to say. Because I do not know this girl. I want to. Her face goes blank, stoic again. She smooths out her disheveled hair and stands up tall. She says, "Let's go."

I obey like the bitch I am for this girl. That I do not know why of course. Only if she knew her allure. It's just been three weeks since she was recruited. But... I'm a fool for her.

We get downstairs and the mini Lily asks her when they will see her again. Lily stutters trying to explain. Her very hot mom quiets the mini Lily down. Knowing that it was making her eldest, daughter sad.

I miss my mom.

We leave, I say nothing. She says nothing.

When we get in the car. Tears come flooding. Callused hands pull on her beautiful dark chestnut locks. Then, she turns it off.

Who is this girl?