𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

I find myself in the gym. With two gloves on and a punching bag. The sting resonates through my body, I like the pain, it gives me control. Something I didn't have for two years, something the Avengers are trying to take away from me. I love every single one of them, but they killed me, a lot of me. Every night I have nightmares, of my abduction, mostly of Osiris. The taunting faces of doctors, they stripped me of my human rights. That's what hurt the most. Terror doesn't say anything, and let's me do this. I check my phone, it reads 3:00 AM. Holy crap, I've been here five hours. As I sip my water, behind me I hear the creaky door open. Eddie comes in. He comes over to me, looking surprised.
"Can't sleep either?" He asks me. I nod. "How long have you been here?" He asks again.
"5 hours," I say emotionless.
He says nothing, unlike his usual chatty self. He walks and stands behind the punching bag gesturing for me to punch. I do one, two, three. My mind drifts, to the abduction. I hear distorted sounding words come from Eddie. My hands begin to shake. I snap out of it. I look up to a concerned man. The look much resembles one of my fathers.
"Hey kid, it's ok."
He pulls me into a big bear hug, with muscly arms wrapping around me. I tear comes down my face, then another. Before I know it, I'm crying. He pulls me off of him, and grips my by my shoulders. "Kid, I know you can't trust any one," he laughs, "I get that."
"My dad wasn't the best either. I understand you'll probably never trust me. But letting what happened control you, is the worst thing you can do. And Lily I promise I, old man Arthur, Lex, and certainly Connor will do anything to protect you."
A smile finds its way to my face. I laugh, "Connor just likes to flirt, and Lex hates me."
He says, "When Arthur and I found him in Russia, he was a completely different kid. Lily, he's been different these past months. And you remind Lex of herself."
"I'm tired Eddie," I finally say.
"It's exhausting guarding yourself all the time," he says.
I lean on this mans shoulder and stare at the floor. Almost hoping that a hole forms that I can jump into and escape.

A/n
1k views 😳
Thanks🥰

-I've been editing this, and now there's 11k. It's crazy how I've grown as an amateur author on here.