𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

I sit in the car, looking at the tower. I rub my sweaty palms on my jogging pants. Connor stares at the large compound, taking everything in I assume. People imagine that being a Stark is like royalty, in reality it was like any other family. My dad was already my superhero before he was Iron Man. I just wish-

"Please don't talk to anyone, or provoke Peter. And thank you so much for coming." I tell Connor, he's bound to do something. But I'm so glad he came.

He says smiling, "No problem принцесса. Are you ready?"

My hand starts shaking, I quickly grip it with my other to steady it.

I nod my head. I was bullied in school a lot, for being a Stark. Other kids were jealous. And dad, he would tell me, "You know the reason people dream of meeting me? The millions of fans I have because of my engineering work? Because I'm so debonair?", he would joke while playing with his hair.

I asked him why.

And he said, "Because I'm Tony fucking Stark and I know it. Baby, we aren't meant to blend in. YOU are not meant to blend in. So, you're going to bring an Iron Man glove and scare the shit out of those asshole kids."

I did scare the shit out of them. Those dumb boys would say, "Aw are you gonna call daddy."

My only friends were MJ and Ned. God, them. MJ oh the salt on the wound. She was never the 'I'mma steal your boyfriend type.' I guess people do change.

I took that glove out of my backpack, and made it look like it was ready to blast. Everyone saw what Dad's suit could do. Of course the one I brought was a dud, didn't want to get suspended.

Dad would never really cuss around me, I was nine when he told me that. And it stuck with me. I just wish things didn't happen like they did. We could go back to blasting our favorite rock music and working on inventions.

I would give anything to have that back. But him, wanting me to be Lillian Stark the vulnerable sixteen year old kid that got abandoned will never happen. And I will push him away every time until he accepts that I am not the woman I was.

We're at the entrance, Jarvis greets us happily. The door opens, and there stands mom and Morgan. My little sister runs up to me with open arms. She grasps me in a big bear hug. I can feel my throat tighten, a tear threatening to shed. Connor just stares at my mom. Everyone loves my mom.

Mom walks up to Morgan and me, and wraps us in her warm kind arms. She steps back and says, "You're father is out getting drunk with the boys. You know you can stay here right? I can keep them off of you."

I want to scream yes, I want to hug her. I want to have a Netflix marathon with mom and Morgan like before. I want to hang out with dad, and tell him I love him. I want to hug Peter, and tell him everything. I want to do all these things, that the old me actually did. But my personality, my bestfriend Terror doesn't fit into that equation.

I shake my head. I head for the elevator leading up to my room, Connor follows. We get up to my room, the old one. Pictures of Mom, Dad and me before Morgan are on the wall. There's one of dad, and me when we created our first suit together. I pick that one up and shove it into my back pocket. I can't bear to look at anymore. There's no dust, someone's been in here. I walk to my nightstand, on it is a letter. I shove it in my bag. I smell my pillow, dad's been in here.

I grab my cube, which holds my suit. I tell Connor to open the drawers and start shoving things into suit cases. I'm ready to leave as soon as possible. This is too freaking much.

I hear steps coming my way. Connor becomes alert, I let Terror take my place. Peter comes into sight, walking with Morgan.

She screams excitedly, "Terror!"

Peter tries to stop her, he's still scared of him, of us. I say nothing, Terror says nothing, Connor says nothing.

Peter's eyes dart from me to Connor to Morgan. He grabs Morgan quickly and leaves.

I go back into my form. And I collapse. I got really good and silently sobbing.

Tears come down my eyes, they run black from mascara. Connor looks stunned, not knowing what to do.

"Turn it off Lillian. He's watching." Terror warns.

He always remembers my vulnerable times.

My face goes blank and I pick myself up off the floor. I've done it a lot. Connor stares at me, almost infatuated I guess. I know he doesn't like me, I'm too plain.

I've got my cube in hand and two suit cases ready to go.

We come downstairs, Morgan and mom stand ready to waive goodbye.

"When will we see you again Lily?" Morgan asks innocently.

I'm ready to freaking cry.

"Um. Morg- I'll come back. When dad and I- When-" I say, attempting to make full sentences.

I can't explain this. Mom helps.

She says motherly, "Lily and daddy have some things to work out. So, it'll be just us seeing her for a little while. Ok?"

Morgan nods, trying to understand.

"We've got to go now Mom." I say. If I spend another minute in here, I'll be wishing to go back to Osiris.

She nods, "Bye baby. You can come back anytime."

I nod, hiding this feeling of suffocation.

We leave.