Chapter 3 - Diagon Alley

*Nothing of THAT sort happens in this chapter - you'll understand if you read on - but if you reach a certain sentence and wonder, keep reading, because nothing happens in this chapter! (Though I may write a smut/fluff scene at the end of the books on Daisy's honeymoon if you guys beg me enough (no, I'm not revealing who she's getting married to, or even if she lives to get married, yet!) But might be triggering to assault victims, so I'll put a * when the assault scene arrives and when it ends :D*

Harry and I made our way down Magnolia Crescent, panting with anger.

We collapsed onto a garden wall. We chucked our trunks on the ground.

"What do we do now?" Harry huffed.

"Banter." I said.

"Okay."

We both caught our breath, lounging on the wall causally, not giving a fuck about private property and trespassing.

The park across the street that Dudley, Harry, the gang, and I hang out at, looked super creepy. It was night, so the shadows creeped across the asphalt. The swings swung back and forth slightly, and the seesaw tilted back gently. The roundabout circled around slowly.

I clung to Harry. "Merlin Harry, the park's fucking haunted."

Harry patted my head awkwardly, drawing me closer to him. I was shaking slightly. What? I do believe in ghosts.

'I get the feeling something's behind us.' Harry suddenly sent to me.

I whipped around, driven by adrenaline. I sensed rather than heard it: someone or something was standing in the narrow gap between the garage and the fence behind us. I squinted at the black alleyway.

"Lumos." I muttered, and a light appeared at the end of my wand. I held it high over my head, and I saw the hulking outline of something very big, with wide, gleaming eyes.

Harry and I stepped backwards simultaneously. Our legs hit our trunks and we tripped, also simultaneously. My wand flew out of my hand as I flung out my arm to break my fall.

A loud bang sounded, and Harry and I rolled out of the way of a large purple bus that appeared suddenly out of nowhere.

A conductor in a purple uniform leapt out of the bus and began to speak loudly to the night.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this eve-"

He stopped abruptly. He had spotted Harry and I on the ground. I snatched up my wand and we scrambled to our feet.

"What were you two doin' down there?" Stan said, dropping his professional manner.

"Fell over." My twin and I chorused.

"'Choo fall over for?" Stan sniggered.

"I did it for the lulz, what about you, Harry -?" Harry nodded.

He turned quickly to stare at the alleyway. I turned too. But there was nothing there.

"'Choo lookin' at?" Stan said.

"There was a big black thing." I said.

"Like a dog...but massive..." Harry said, pointing uncertainly into the gap.

"Told you, Harry. This place is haunted." I hissed.

"Woss that on your 'ead?" Stan said abruptly.

"Nothing." We chorused. If the Ministry was looking for us for blowing up our aunt, we didn't want to make it too easy for them.

"Woss your names?" Stan persisted.