Chapter 9 - I Was NOT Making Love To Terry

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where we were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

I had an idea. Put on the Invisibility Cloak, and they'll all freak out! I whispered this idea to Harry, and he grinned. We both threw the Cloak over ourselves as Terry, Amy, Suzanne, Shannon, and Draco came over to us.

"What's going on, d'you think?" Terry asked.

"Sirius Black broke in and he tried to get into Gryffindor Tower." George replied.

"But - but - he's trying to - d'you think - he was going to kill Harry and Softpaw, wasn't he?" Terry said, a panicked look on his face.

"Yeah, Daisy -" Draco turned to talk to me, only to find I wasn't there. "Where is she?"

"Where's Harry, too?" Hermione said sharply.

"Fuck, they were with us when we came down here." Fred said.

"Do you remember them coming into the Hall with you?" Amy said hurriedly.

"No, I was too busy in my own thoughts, what about you guys -" Ron said, and everyone else shook their heads no.

There was a tense silence.

"D'you think - d'you think -?" Terry struggled to say.

"That Black captured them when you guys were coming down here?" Draco finished.

Terry nodded, a stricken look on his face.

"Mayb- yes." Draco sighed worriedly.

"Fuck." Fred was swearing. "Shit. Crap."

They all started frantically looking around the Hall.

"Can't see them." George said.

"Oh my Godric, they're dead!" Terry wailed, pulling his hair. "My future wife and brother-in-law are dead!"

Harry and I were in silent fits of giggles.

"We need to go look for them." Draco stepped forward bravely.

"Even though you're not in Gryffindor, you and Hopper always seem to want to act the hero whenever dear old Softpaw is involved and in some sort of danger." Fred smirked at Draco and Terry, but there was still an anxious look in his eyes.

Harry and I nodded at each other and whipped the Cloak off. "Surprise!" I said. "We're not dead!"

Terry flung himself onto me, grabbing me in a death-clutch.

"Um, Hopper..." Fred said, tapping him on the shoulder. "You happen to be suffocating your girlfriend."

Terry loosened his grip a bit and settled for snogging me instead.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle." Dumbledore told us as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the Hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately." He added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Dumbledore paused, about to leave the Hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.