Chapter 5 - Omens

When the Insurgents, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I entered the Great Hall the next day, the first thing I saw was Floppy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As we passed, he did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him." Hermione said, who was right behind me. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it..."

"Hey, Potter!" Pratinson shrieked. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! WOOOOOOOO!"

I dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to Lee.

"New third-year timetables." Lee said, passing them over. "What's up with you guys?"

Harry was looking irritated, Terry looking exasperated, the twins looking pissed and slightly amused at Floppy's attempt to embarrass Harry and I.

"Floppy." Terry rolled his eyes.

Lee looked up to see Floppy pretending to faint with terror again.

"That little git." He said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Amy?"

"Nearly wet himself." Amy sniggered, who had sneaked over from the Ravenclaw table.

"I wasn't too happy myself." Lee said. "They're horrible things, those Dementors..."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" Amy said.

"You didn't pass out though, did you?" I said in a low voice.

"Forget it, Softpaw." George said bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been. He came back all weak and shaking...They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"So we need to cheer the place up, right? Make so much happiness that the Dementors can't suck it all out." I grinned.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Terry started to grin slowly.

"Yes! Major Prank War!" I yelled. Us Insurgents all high-fived.

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Floppy looks after our first Quidditch match." Fred said. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"

"Thanks, Red, that really cheered me up!" I exclaimed, grinning.

Did I mention that last night, I had given everyone I knew and liked phones, and now word has got around that phones are fucking brilliant, and everybody's got them in the post now? Even Floppy and the teacher's, it seems.

I put 'Gonna beat Slytherin in the first match of the year!' as my status.

Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Oliver Wood, and 64 others like this.

Felix Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson, Severus Snape, and 39 others dislike this.

Harry Potter: Ha, we're going to beat that scum
7 likes

Felix Malfoy: I wouldn't be so sure Potter
3 likes

Terry Boot: aye, we're sure as anything, floppy
6 likes

Felix Malfoy: Shut up Boot and go away you're stupid
1 like

Daisy Potter: says the guy who likes his own comments.
14 likes

Suzanne Wanders: BUSTED!!
1 like

I looked at my timetable.

All - Entire year | [c] - Students who chose the subject | G - Gryffindor | S - Slytherin | H - Hufflepuff | R - Ravenclaw