Chapter 7 - The List

In DADA next week, I was going to fulfil the list. My friends were going to help me on some of them.

"So, Red Caps like dark, a-" Professor Lupin was talking. I glanced down at the list. First one was 'Pretend to have a seizure'.

I fell out of my seat and started spasming. I twitched my arms and hands, dragging my face down, and then started squirming around.

Everyone was staring at me with 'WTF' looks on their faces. But everyone who was in on it grinned at me.

Professor Lupin looked at me with a strange look on his face. I read his thoughts - 'She's so much like James...'

James? My dad? Did he know him?

"Um, Daisy..." He said. "Are you alright? Do you need to go to the hospital wing?"

I sat up and got back into my seat, acting completely normal as if nothing had happened. I smiled at him.

"I'm fine, Professor. I dunno what you're talking about." I grinned.

Professor Lupin shook his head at me, looking as if he was trying to restrain a small smile.

Next item on the list - 'Ask out to the bathroom every five minutes'.

"Sir, may I please go to the bathroom?" I asked, my hand in the air.

"Yes, Daisy." Professor Lupin nodded. I slipped out, wandered around the school for a few minutes, my hands in my pockets, walked past Fred and George's classroom, and waved. I returned to class.

Five minutes later, and I put my hand up to ask to go to the bathroom again.

"Yes, Daisy." Professor Lupin said, obviously thinking it was an emergency or that I had some sort of medical issue that I needed to go to the bathroom again.

When I returned, five minutes later again, I put up my hand yet again.

"Yes, Daisy." Professor Lupin said wearily.

The fourth, he said, "No, Daisy. You've gone quite enough times this lesson."

Five minutes later, I put up my hand again.

Everybody was in tears by this point.

At this point, Professor Lupin just started ignoring me.

Then I started to imitate him. The next lesson, I came in with shabby school robes on, a tired look, and I made my voice hoarse.

Professor Lupin just gave me an exasperated look.

When he told us to come in and sit down, all of us that were in on it sat in different seats.

Professor Lupin sighed. "Back to your original seats, please."

There was a class silence while we all copied down notes from the board. I glanced around subtly, grinned at Terry, then smacked my head. "Shut up, all of you!" I exclaimed.

Everyone looked around at me, confused and possibly thinking I was insane. Professor Lupin just shook his head.

"Where do these common Water Demons reside, Daisy?" He asked.

I pretended to zone out, then jumped. "Sorry, sir, the voices inside my head were at it again." I said.

Professor Lupin looked to be restraining himself from rolling his eyes.

"I said, where do these common Water Demons reside, Daisy?"

"Banter." I replied. He looked exasperated.

"Harry?" He asked Harry instead.

"Banter." Harry repeated.

"Ron?"