~14~

Art credits: GhostsOnTwt on Twitter :)

Warnings: None (?) I want this chapter to be wholesome to be honest,but there might be some topics that could be a warning? I'll probably edit this later

~The Blue Flower Fields~

Y/n sat up in the darkened room,
Still thinking of their dear friend.

all their best memories from childhood to adulthood came flooding back

They remembered the absolutely beautiful garden he had taken them to,The overfilled beds of colourful flowers and trees, they could recall exactly how the moonlight fell on the shining water...

Come back Wilbur...Please,Just come back and say it was all just a big joke everyone was in on...say you're alive..Please...

Y/n cried into the pillow, Arms wrapped around the last letter he had written to them, tears leaking down onto the paper.

"I miss you, Will...
I wish I got to save you... I wish I was strong enough.."

"Maybe you're in a better place now, you must be so happy... we might be able to dance  together again soon... maybe one day..."

They looked out the window to the night sky, the Moon filled the room with a dark blue light.

They felt the unnatural coldness again.

even though the window was closed and the house was normally quite warm, Coldness managed to enter their room.

a feeling like they were being watched from afar fell upon them, but it also felt extremely close.

"Please don't cry, my love.."

Y/n quickly turned around, startled by the sudden soft voice, until they noticed the translucent man with the look of the late Wilbur, standing right next to the bed while smiling at them.

"Wilbur!?"

"Hello again, my Love, I'm so sorry for leaving you so suddenly.."

They wanted so badly to hug him, to feel the comforting warmth of his embrace again, but knew they couldn't, He was a ghost.

"You knew...but didn't stop it?.."

"I didn't see the point, Y/n.."

Wilbur then moved to levitate in a way to seem like he was sitting down next to Y/n on the bed.

"I thought That if it meant protecting you, I'd gladly give up my life!"

As long as you come down with me...

"But I couldn't, I couldn't leave you, I didn't want you to get hurt..I thought If I left, you'd be safe, but you're not."

Y/n started to cry even more, they missed their best friend, they were glad he was back, but it wasn't the same.

"In your letter, you said you loved me..and now you're calling me love?.."