Withered Sunflowers

It was bright. It was calm. It was silent. And Team feels light when he wakes up on his own. Without any alarm, without the jolt of awakeness that comes from oversleeping.

"Oh, you're awake. Good morning, Team!" greets Pharm.

"Good morning, Pharm. What time is it?" Team says as he rubs any remnants of sleep. He looks around and straightens with the smell of newly cooked food.

He stands up and finds a lot of food already arranged neatly. A feast waiting for him. This must be what heaven looks like.

"Just a few minutes after 8. You can go back to sleep. It's Saturday."

"Nah. I slept great. What about you? Why're you up so early?" Team asks. The smaller male is putting some rice on a plate so Team gets up and takes plates and utensils.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just used to waking up early, and I can't go back to sleep so I figured I'll just make breakfast early. That's all," Pharm answers, rearranging the plates to put the rice in the middle.

"Wow. That's-, that's a lot of food." Team says. He puts two plates and sets of utensils on his side and the side opposite him. And then goes to get some glasses.

"Really? I'm just-" Pharms starts but gets cut off when a knock on the door comes. Then another set of slow, polite raps on the door.

"Pharm? Are you expecting anyone?" Team asks, but Pharm doesn't answer. He sees the small male bite his lower lip, and goes to the door.

Team hears mumbled words, and whispers, and it made him curious so he turns around to see who came.

It's P'Dean.

"Oh," Team sighs. Relieved to see it was just P'Dean. But also uneasy. He's been caught.

"You're just used to waking up early huh, ai' Pharm?" Team teases Pharm.

"Team. I'm sorry. I was not expecting P'Dean to come this early. I told him to come around 10 AM. But when I showed him pictures of the food, he said he better come early to have an early start," Pharm says apologetically.

Team sees the panic and worry in Pharm's eyes. So he smiles at him and then looks at the taller older male. He forces it, but it came out. He smiles at him.

"I won't rat you out, Team. Win is my friend, but I know you have your reasons." Dean says.

Team's eyes go huge at the statement then he turns to Pharm.

"You told him?" Team asks.

Pharms shakes his head in panic. "I didn't, Team. I promise!"

"Don't worry, Nong Team. Nong Pharm didn't tell me anything. I figured it out on my own. I became the president of the swimming team for a reason. I see everything, and you started avoiding Win like the plague. And Win is getting more and more stressed out every day. He barely listens to class nowadays. But the most obvious sign was you two just don't hang out together anymore. I figured something happened, but I didn't bother asking Win. Whatever it is your going through is your business," Dean explains.

Team sighs in relief. At least it seems like only Team's friends know what's going on. But that part. The part where his Hia is distracted during classes. Team may be avoiding him, but he's still his friend. He doesn't want to see one of his friends fail or something. Okay fine. Win is too smart to fail, but still.

"But I can see you're just as distracted as he is. As a friend of the person I'm courting, I hope you resolve whatever it is." Dean says and then winces when Pharm punches his arms.