Eijirou

Eijirou struggled against Hanta and Tsuyu as they dragged him away, back into the ambulance bay. He thrashed, sounds muffled by Hanta's hand pressed hard enough into his mouth he struggled to breathe.

Once the door was shut, he was realeased and pushed away, Momo blocking the door.

"Fuck!" He spat, shaking and eyes wide. "What the fuck-"

Hanta shushed him, waving his hands. "Shut up, dumbass! Don't bring them back here!"

"So we're just going to fucking leave Katsuki!?"

Momo jumped forward, grabbing Eijirou's face. "Settle down, Eij, please... He lead them away from us. Look, Katsuki is smart. He'll be okay, I know it. Please, let's just use this opportunity he gave us and get back home... We have to get these supplies back for Denki..."

Eijirou clenched his jaw, tears in his eyes. "We need to help him... There's too many for just him..."

"We can't help him, though," Tsuyu stepped up, adjusting her bag. "We have to get back home or him separating from us will have been in vain..."

Things fell silent, Eijirou shaking and breathing heavily.

A shriek, just like the one that had separated them, made all of them tense more.

"Let's go home," Eijirou muttered softly, the other three murmuring their agreement.

Hanta stepped around Eijirou, lowering to the floor to check the alley on the other side of the garage doors before opening them.

They slowly filtered into the alley, glancing around despite knowing all the sick had been distracted. Hanta grit his teeth as he watched the herd stumble away, the Runners shouting and Screamer shrieking. He turned the other direction and started running.

Eijirou followed behind, Momo beside him and Tsuyu just behind.

An explosion jostled them, despite being so far behind them. They ducked behind two separate cars, Momo grabbing onto Eijirou and holding his arm tightly.

"What was that? What happened? Is there someone else in the city? Is Katsuki okay-"

"Shh!" Hanta hissed, waving to Momo. The girl quickly snapped her mouth shut, hiding her face in Eijirou's shoulder.

All four shook, Eijirou closing his eyes and clenching his jaw.

After several moments, Hanta counting and Tsuyu keeping an eye out to make sure there were no sick headed towarss them, the four finally returned to their feet and continued the trek back to the dormitory.

~

Entering the dormitory without Katsuki was more strange than anything. Eijirou made every run with the angry blond, so to not hear his gruff voice call to the rest of the group or listen to him curse about how shitty their run was, was strange and unsettling.

"Where's Katsuki?"

Of course, that's the first thing Hizashi says before bothering to greet the group. He had retained the habit from his years of teaching to count heads each time the younger of the group returned from the supply runs. Blessing and a curse, sometimes just annoying.

Hanta licked his lips, setting his bag on a nearby table. "We got separated..."

"How? You're never supposed to go off on your own. He knows that. He enforces that rule-"

"Yamada," Shouta sighed as he sauntered in the room. His gray eyes swept over the four, scowl deepening. "What happened..?"

Momo spoke up this time, eyes downcast. "We had gotten the supplies and were about to leave the hospital when we turned the corner and a Screamer was walking down the hallway. We stayed back while Katsuki went ahead to kill it."