chapter 2

| Brielle Walker Merritt |

"Okay fine, what about this?" She showed me another one of my shirts.

"Jayla no!" I sighed whilst getting up and taking all my clothes away from her. "I think you're forgetting that we're different sizes."

"But please! It's the first day of school tomorrow, and i'm only going to wear it once!" Jaylani whined. "And I don't have any clothes to wear!"

"Jaylani stop lying, I know you got clothes. Didn't mom just buy you new clothes?" I spoke whilst putting back all my shirts.

"Yeah but I don't wanna wear those! Can I please just wear your shirt?" Jayla begged.

"No! Now get out and leave me alone!" I raised my voice at her. "You been annoying me since y'all got back."

"Hmph fine, but I'm telling dad that you yelled at me. And i'm also going to tell him that you made me-"

"Okay, okay fine! Just take the damn shirt and get out!" I scoffed. "Why you gotta act up for?"

"Jaylani I thought I told you to go to sleep." Mom walked into my room with Bryson following behind her.

"Looks like my room just has to be the place for everyone to be today." I muttered under my breath.

"Yeah I know you did b-but I was just getting something real quick." Jaylani softly spoke.

"Okay make sure you got all your things packed for school tomorrow. Go get into bed, I love you." Mom spoke as she left my room.

Bryson jumped onto my bed messing up my sheets and everything that was on my bed.

"Bryson what is your problem!" I shouted. "Can everyone just get outta my room! I'm tired and I wanna go to sleep."

"Damn I just came to tell you that Jay wants all his hoodies back, or else." Bry laughed.

"Or else what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You really think I know what he finna do? That's between y'all." Bryson chuckled as he walked outta my room.

"Okay one last thing before I go..." Jaylani began.

"What? Didn't you literally just get told to go to bed?" I sighed.

"Yeah I know but, I just need to ask you something." She continued.