chapter 17

| Kehlani Walker Merritt |

I woke up and Tione was facing away from me, on the far side of the bed.

We managed to sleep in the same bed but that didn't stop us from arguing before falling asleep.

It was 7am in the morning and I had no idea why I was awake so early on a Saturday.

I decided to get up because i'm not the kind of person to fall back asleep.

I put on my robe and went downstairs so I could start cleaning the house.

Clearly Tione had no intentions of doing any sort of cleaning any time soon.

I opened the cabinet where all the cleaning supplies were, and I laid them out onto the countertop.

"God, what is that smell?" I slightly gagged as I walked past the trash bin.

I looked in the fridge and realised that Tione didn't go food shopping either. That was another thing added to my to-do list.

"Okay lemme go get these groceries and then i'll come back and start cleaning." I muttered to myself as I went back upstairs.

I opened the bedroom door and went into the closet. I took off my robe and found something quick to put on.

I went back downstairs and grabbed my keys. It was kinda cold outside so I grabbed my jacket as I walked out of the front door.

I got into my car and tried to start it but the engine was just making weird spluttering noises.

"Cmon just start!" I sighed as I lightly hit the dashboard.

I tried to start the car again, but the same thing happened.

"Seriously! You got to be kidding." I scoffed to myself as I got out the car and slammed the door shut.

I popped the hood and just stared at it because I had no clue what I was supposed to be looking for.

Nothing that I was looking made sense to me so I threw my hands up and slammed the hood shut.