chapter 3

| Jayden Walker Merritt |

"Bro you finna make me late to class, I can't be late to Mrs Kay's class again." I laughed as we ran down the hall.

"Aight i'll catch you at lunch." Dominique dapped me up before I walked into my class.

"Good morning class, can everyone take their assigned seats." Mrs Johnson spoke loud as she presented the assigned seats on the screen.

"Damn you already yelling and shit." I mumbled as I made my way to the back of the room. "It's too damn early for this."

"Excuse me Jayden, you've walked in late to my class. You got any explanation?" Mrs Johnson tapped her pen. "And please take off your hat, it's not appropriate for inside."

"Nah I ain't got anything to say." I yawned whilst sitting down.

"Okay well as you can see everyone is sat at their assigned desk. Next time you decide to stroll in late to my class I suggest you sit in the right place." She sighed.

"Aight where you want me to sit?" I stood back up.

"Right here, at the front." She walked over to the desk and tapped it. "I will not have you at the back disrupting my class this year."

I walked up to the front and sat down at the desk. Each desk sat two people and I was next to this girl I only seen a couple times.

"Hey i'm Arianna and you are?" The girl smiled at me.

"Jay- Jayden." I coughed.

"Wait your Brielle's twin right?" She asked.

"Yeah. 'Brielle's twin'." I mocked her and she looked unimpressed.

"You two at the front, stop talking please." Mrs Johnson stood up and walked over to the front. "Now as I was saying, you guys will have a very big assignment for the next 2 weeks."

"It's literally the first day of school! How you gon give us an assignment already." India groaned. "Y'all teachers got some issues for real."

"Today we start the baby project! I know last year we discussed y'all doing this in your senior year but we decided to start it now." Mrs Johnson clapped. "Could you please look at the sheet in front you."

I looked at the long ass list of all the things we were expected to have for our 'baby'.

"So do we have to buy all of this stuff?" I spoke out in astonishment as the list went on and on.