chapter 38

| Brielle Walker Merritt |

"One more kiss before I go." I snuggled up against Andre's soft skin. "I don't wanna leave my baby, maybe I should just continue the homeschooling."

"Mm mm, cmon Bri. I don't want you to be late for school. Go on, go get in the car. I'll go take Andre to your dad." Mom spoke.

"Okay but make sure Andre takes his nap at around-"

"Brielle i've raised 4 of my own babies. He'll be just fine, don't worry." Mom laughed. "Now go. Go get in the car, i'm coming."

I gave Andre one last kiss before passing him to my mom.

Today was my first day back at school after months of homeschooling.

I had missed a lot of school but I had tutors to help me with all the classes I missed.

I was kinda of dreading going back to school because I wasn't prepared to see Alejandro.

I hadn't spoke to him in a while, and both of us knew our relationship was coming to an end.

Well I knew it was coming to an end, I obviously couldn't speak for Alejandro...

I grabbed my bag, put on my shoes and went outside to my mom's car.

She said she was thinking about getting another car, a customised car.

I never understood the point of one person having more than one car, it just didn't make any sense to me.

"Jaylani how old are you? Huh? You sat there crying like a fool, stop it!" Mom smacked her teeth and her and Jaylani got into the car.

"But what if you can't fix it!?" Jaylani cried.

I looked back at Jayla as she was putting on her seatbelt and I couldn't help but laugh.

I don't know why she was crying but she looked so ridiculous.

"Jaylani calm down, it's just a phone! We can get it replaced!" Mom sighed. "Now stop crying before I really give you something to cry about."

I put on my seatbelt whilst holding in my laughter.

"Bri it's not funny! Stop laughing at me." Jayla sniffled as she tried to stop herself from crying.

"Now Brielle why you laughing? Mm?" Mom looked over at me. "What's funny?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing, nothing." I fixed my face.