chapter 31

| Kehlani Walker Merritt |

"Yes baby, i'll be fine." I laughed. "You go, have fun. I'm sure they all want you there."

"I ain't been out for a while but they ain't gon mind if i'm not there." Tione sighed.

"No, no you go out. I'll be here watching the kids and making sure Brielle is okay." I sat up and stretched. "In fact, I think they'll be here soon so you better get ready."

"I am ready, whatcu talking about?" Tjay patted his chest and dusted off his shirt.

"At least put on a different shirt, you've been wearing that all day." I laughed. "It smells of weed and I have no idea how you've managed to crease it up so much."

I scooted off the edge of the bed and went into our closet. I found him a nice sweatshirt that matched the rest of his outfit.

"Here take this." I chucked the sweater at him. "Here, and this belt."

I quickly sat back down as I felt the baby kick against me.

"Whew, that was a lil too aggressive mama." I laughed as I rubbed my belly.

"You like a few days past your due date, right?" Tione sat down next to me as he put on the sweatshirt.

"Mhm, so is Bri." I yawned. "I'm fine though, I just needa keep an eye out on Brielle."

"Aight call me, call me if anything happens." He spoke as he adjusted the sweatshirt.

"No I don't want to bother you, you'll be drinking and there's no way i'm letting you drive back here if anything happens." I shook my head at him.

"Bother me? Now you sound stupid." Tione laughed at me. "If my daughter goes into labour I wanna be there for that, same goes for if my stubborn ass wife goes into labour. Just call me, aight?"

"Mm, okay whatever." I rolled my eyes at him. "You better get going, i'm sure your friends and already there."