chapter 34

| Brielle Walker Merritt |

"Dad!" I called out.

"I'm in here Bri, what's up?" Dad responded.

I went into his studio to find him slumped back relaxing on the chair whilst looking at his phone.

"So for my birthday this year, well mine and Jayden's birthday..." I began. "Can we go somewhere, like a different country?"

"Yeah alright, where you wanna go?" Dad put his phone down.

"I wanna go to Dubai or somewhere like Jamaica." I spoke.

"Aight that's cool, we can sort a lil something out. You talked to Jay about this?" Dad asked.

"No but i'm sure he'll be okay with-"

"Okay with what?" Jayden strolled into the room holding Andre.

"Our birthday, um I was thinking that we should go somewhere abroad." I explained. "I was thinking somewhere like Dubai or Jamaica."

"Yeah, yeah that'd be cool, i'm good with anything." Jayden spoke. "Now ima need you to take him, I think his diaper is full and I ain't changing that shit."

"Okay, bring him to me." I laughed.

"Dad I need to borrow some money." Jaylani casually walked into the room.

"I gave you $1000 last week, whatcu need more money for?" Dad chuckled.

"Mom said I can go shopping with my friends, and I only have $50 left..." Jayla explained. "So um can I have some money please?"

"I only got $200 on me right now and I need that for something later. Go ask your mom to give you the money in her purse, tell her i'll pay her back."

"Um okay, thanks dad." Jaylani smiled as she left the room.

"You were never that quick to be handing out money to me and Jay when we were that age." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Huh, that's not true, whatcu talking about?" Dad laughed.