chapter 24

| Brielle Walker Merritt |

"No, no, no." I mumbled under my breath as I paced down the hall. "No, oh god please tell me he didn't just say that shit out loud."

I had just seen Jayden and Jude fighting by the lockers.

I wasn't going to stand there and watch but as I was about to leave, I heard Jayden shout out to the whole damn freaking school that I was pregnant.

My heart was literally racing. Lunch had just ended and the bell rang.

I turned round the corner and bumped into India.

"Sorry, sorry." I stepped back as I held my hand over my stomach.

She walked past me but I stopped her before she went away.

"India, wait!" I called after her.

She turned around and looked at me. I really didn't understand what her problem was with me.

"Yeah what?" She folded her arms and took out one of her airpods.

"Can you please tell the teacher that I won't be coming to class." I quickly spoke.

"Okay, um, y-you good?" India relaxed her resting bitch face.

"I'm fine. Just tell the teacher I won't be in class." I turned around and began to walk off.

All I wanted to do was go home.

I don't know how many people heard what Jayden said.

I heard that one girl shout, "Are y'all hearing this?".

Nosy ass bitches like her really get on my fucking nerves.

"Brielle! Bri wait up!" India began to walk next to me but she couldn't keep up because I was walking really fast. "I need to talk to you real quick."

"What? What do you want from me?" I scoffed. "You've made it quite clear that you don't want to talk to me! I really didn't think that you out of all people would be the one to be so fucking childish!"

"I-I just need to talk. I really am sorry." India sighed. "I don't know why i'm so-"

"India I can't talk right now." I exhaled. "I really need to go."