chapter 7

| Brielle Walker Merritt |

I was woken up by the sun shining through a crack in my blinds.

"What the fuck! Jeremiah!?" I yelped as I turned to face the other side. "What you doing in my bed! Wake up!"

I repeatedly tapped on his shoulder until his eyes fluttered open and he quickly sat up.

"Brielle it's not what it-"

"God no, please don't tell me I had sex with you!" I panicked. "Please tell me nothing happened."

"Bri, relax nothing happened." He chuckled. "You asked me to stay with you until you fell asleep, I ended up falling asleep just after you did."

"Oh, oh okay." I sighed in relief. "Sorry for jumping to conclusions, I-I didn't mean anything."

"Don't worry you cool." Jeremiah smiled.

"Wait where'd um, Remi, Jude and the rest of them sleep?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"India and Remi slept in the guest bedroom." He explained. "And Jude slept on the couch in Jayden's room."

"Oh okay I was- shit! What's the time?" I quickly grabbed my phone. "My grandma finna be coming over soon and y'all need to leave."

"Aight you want me to go wake the others up?" He asked.

"No no it's fine i'll do it, you just wait here." I spoke as I got up from my bed and walked out of my room.

I closed the door behind me and walked down the hall towards the guest bedroom.

"Finally! You're awake!" Jaylani came round the corner scaring me. "Uh, your nipple is hanging out your shirt."

"What? Oh shit I didn't see that." I laughed to myself as I adjusted my shirt.

"Anyways, I was waiting for you to wake up because I wanted to tell you that grandma's here already." She exclaimed.

"What!? Already? I thought she would be coming later, not now." I sighed. "Everybody gotta leave - like now."

"Oh um by the way..." Jaylani began. "Grandma already knows that y'all had people over. You guys left cups, plates and soda cans all over the living room and in the kitchen."

"Damn!" I mumbled under my breath. "If mom finds out that we had people over, we finna get yelled at."

"Uh uh, not us, not me, not Bryson - you and Jayden." She laughed. "Ooo y'all asses are in trouble!"