chapter 28

| Brielle Walker Merritt |

"Alejandro, wait!" I huffed as I followed him down the stairs. "You can't just say that and then leave!"

"Woah, woah is everything okay?" Aunty Renae asked.

"Yeah we're cool, i'm just leaving now. Thank you for having me over." Alejandro innocently spoke as he put on his shoes. "Bri ima text you later, and i'll see you tomorrow."

"Oh okay, bye I guess." I quietly spoke.

I closed the front door and I stood there very confused.

Alejandro had just confessed his feelings towards me and then he just decides to leave.

For some reason I feel like I should've seen this coming.

"What was all that?" Aunty Renae exclaimed. "I could feel a weird- ion even know, but there was a weird something between y'all!"

"Um, oh um, well he kinda just confessed his feelings for me and I didn't really know what to say." I sighed.

"Damn, ooh, th-that's just-"

"Wait and before you say anything, right now he's just my friend, like a really close friend." I explained. "I did not expect him to go and say that, so I had no clue what to say back. And now I feel like he thinks that I rejected him because I didn't really give him a clear answer."

"Ooh lord, this is taking me right back to my high school days." She laughed. "Well come sit in the kitchen with me and we can talk about all of this."

Aunty Renae was definitely the aunty that me and my siblings considered the 'cool and chill' relative that we could talk to about anything.

"So spill, what's going on?" Aunty Renae gave me an intrigued look as we sat down.