chapter 39

| Tione Jayden Merritt/Lil Tjay |

"THAT'S MY SON!" Kehlani's screamed echoed throughout the hallways. "You have to let me in! I will bust the damn door open myself if I have to!"

"Ma'am! Ma'am listen to me! I'm going to have to ask you to calm down or we're going to have to call security and have them escort you out." The nurse firmly spoke.

My heart ached. It was as if my whole world just stopped. I couldn't care less about anything but my son.

My own son, blood and flesh had been shot. Multiple times.

I didn't even know if he was breathing or not. Hell, I didn't even know if he was alive or not.

The doctors weren't telling us shit.

"Fuck!" I hissed.

My voice spooked Aleia who I was holding. She began to cry and fuss.

"Tione sit down, keep it together." Renae sniffled as she grabbed me by the wrist. "You gotta stay strong. Y-You can't be acting like that, not here, not right now."

"Did you call mom?" I exhaled as I sat down.

"I did, s-she didn't answer." She sighed. "Here, let me take Aleia. I-I'll try to get her to sleep."

"Let me in! I don't care what they say!" Kehlani's words grew louder and her voice began to break. "That is my child in there! He's my son!"

"Ma'am! I am going to have to ask you to-"

"Baby stop, stop it! You gotta chill!" I quickly got up and pulled Lani away

Lani couldn't stop crying uncontrollably, people were looking over at her thinking she was the one in physical pain.

The pain we felt wasn't physical. It was soul breaking, emotional pain.

"I-I can't be here anymore. I-I need to go a-and clear my head." Kehlani walked away from me and wiped her face.

"No, no baby where you going. You can't leave like this." I stood up and held her hands.

"Just give me the keys Tione! Let me take my baby, g-get some air and just clear my damn head!" Lani pulled herself away from me. "Please!"

"Nah, I ain't letting you leave like this." I exhaled. "Just sit down. And you must be crazy if you think i'm gon let you take Aleia."