𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 42

~Riz's pov~

Dally and I arrived at Darry's house. The neighborhood felt quiet, too quiet. I opened the door and took a step inside. "Hey guys, made it on a good enough time. We're just about done here" Darry said.

Darry seemed drained and worn out. His eye bags drooped down his face and the shade of his skin faded into a more palish white color. "I'm sorry the none of us three visited you, Riz. I hope you can understand" Darry apologized. I smiled, "Oh I understand Dar, it's just Soda actually came to see me the other day." I told him.

"He what? Without me knowing?" Darry asked as the volume of his voice began to rise. I could tell he was clearly not happy about this. "Sodapop, get in here!" Darry shouted with his hands rested on his hips. I hear Sodapop's footsteps as he was making an entrance into the living space. "Yeah Darry?" he called out.

"How come I'm just finding out about you going to the hospital without me and Pone?" Darry asked. "Oh that? I had time to stop by during my lunch break." he replied. "Well it would've been nice to know but at least you did the right thing, unlike me." Darry said.

"Don't be too hard on yourself Darry, just doing what I had to do." Sodapop said while giving his brother a pat on the back. "Hey do any of y'all know where Steve and Two are at? It's been awhile and none of them haven't shown there faces yet." Sodapop asked. I shook my head, so his direction moved towards Dal. "Nah man, I haven't heard from either of them. Eventually they'll come popping up."

~Two-bit's pov~
"Keith, are you almost ready? You have to get going soon." Ma called out from the living room. I took a sip of my beer and watched it drip down from the corner of my mouth and onto my button up. "Aw fuck" I huff under my breath. I slam the beer down on the desk and rip my shirt off and tossed it to the corner. I turned around and skimmed through the rest of my drawers to find something else to wear.

I find a red button up, "This will have to do" I sigh. I put the shirt on and top it off with my leather jacket and boots. I chug down the rest of the beer and add it to my huge pile of empty beer bottles that sit alongside my bed. "Keith!!" I hear my name being called again. "I'm coming, geez." I said. Ma was sitting in her rocking chair and she looked at me up and down, "About time, you don't wanna be late now. Get going boy!" She said, shoeing me away.

I walk out the door but just before I could get across the street I hear from afar, "Wait come back!" and "You're forgetting something!" I run back to the house, "The card" Ma and I say at the same time. "Please make sure his mother gets this". In my head I thought, "Why should Johnny's joke of a mother get the entire neighborhoods sympathy? We all know the Cade family was not the family you want to spend time with. Hell I wouldn't even consider Johnny a Cade, Luckily he wasn't like his parents. Why does he get to be the one who's dead?"

I bet everyone's been wondering where the heck I've been since I haven't been showing up too much. I already felt terrible enough about not going to see Riz while she was away at the hospital. When I would visit Ponyboy time to time, I would ask him about what's new so I'm still involved with everyone's lives. I just didn't bother telling them about mine. I knew Dally was bailed out of jail and that was pretty much it.

"Hey Two-bit!" I hear someone call my name. I spin around, the person coming towards me I couldn't recognize until the moment they stepped closer. I felt my chest drop low and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "How are you alive?" I stutter. "I ask myself the same question. I guess Randle didn't hit me too hard with that brick, huh?" He said.

The person standing right in front of me, in the flesh, was David Walsh. There was no way he was not dead, and there was no way I was drunk enough to start hallucinating shit. Thick scars deeply marked on his body, one of his eyes almost healed shut. "Stop staring at me. Because of your friends, I look like a complete monster! And believe me, they'll fucking pay for what they did." David screamed.