𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 22

Sodapop's eyes got round, "pregnant?" he repeats. I let out a heavy sigh, "Yes, i just found out" I replied. Sodapop couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Does Dally know about this?" He asked. I shook my head, "That's also why i'm here, he didn't take it well" I said, "He found the tests in the trash bin and confronted me about it"

"I'm not extremely shocked by that but Dally needs to take responsibility of his actions and deal with this whether he likes it or not." Sodapop confirms. We hear noises coming from outside and I peep through the curtain. It was Darry holding up a drunk Dally, struggling to get him to the door. I run to the door and hold it open, "Look who it is" Darry points out. Dally pushes him off and wobbles over to me, "i'm not going anywhere" he grabs and kisses me.

"I mean everything I said we are totally unfit to be parents but if i'm doing it with you then i'm ok with that" Dally said.

I sighed, "You don't know how much that means to me, Dal." I said as I softly grazed my hand on his cheek, "I know this is crazy and totally unexpected. We never had this type of conversation before you and I because I never thought we'd be needing to" I admitted. He grabs my hands and leans in, "I won't let anything happen to you, i'm here for as long as you want me to be. I swear you'll never have to worry about going through this alone." I felt myself blushing and Dallas just smiles back at me.

I then remembered he was still drunk, as I mesmerized his eyes look like as if he was under water or something. Dally started losing his balance and quickly Darry goes over to stand him upright, "I think I ought to take you home soon" he said. "I think you ought to be right about that" Dally mockingly replied. Darry rolls his eyes and the phone begins to ring. He shoves Dally onto the couch, "Take a nap" Darry says walking over to the phone.

He gets comfortable on the couch and I take a seat next to him. "We still going to the movies later?" Dally asks me with his eyes closed. "Johnny and Ponyboy still on?" I add to his question. He nods his head and I agree to still going with them. I see Dally actually drifting off to sleep and I decide to get up to grab something to drink from the fridge. Sodapop was also in the kitchen making himself a sandwich, "Before they walked through the door, there was something I also wanted to talk about" Sodapop said constructing.

I sat down at the breakfast table to listen. "Sandy lied to me, there is no baby" he sadly laughed to himself. "Turns out, when I said I wanted to marry her, she only freaked out and took off! I can't believe this, you know how upset I was? Am I so incapable of marriage? Of being a husband?"

"No, of course not. You are the most lovable, most gentle, most caring person i've ever met" I said.

"Then why didn't she want to be with me?" Soda wondered.

"You know just when I thought I met the most perfect girl. Out all the ones that lined up at the DX, the ones that would follow me at school or to the drug store or on my way home. The ones that said "Your girlfriend such a lucky gal", and I'd say "Nah I'm actually the lucky one" God I can't believe how stupid I was. I thought she would be the one" Sodapop plopped himself next to me and buried his face in his hands.

Steve walked in, breaking all the silence and sadness. Soda lifted his head up, the hot tears burned up his face. Steve noticed how red Sodapop's face was, "You alright buddy?" he asked concerned for his best friend. "Everything's fine, I was telling her the news about Sandy" He said, whipping the tears off his face.

"Oh" Steve said, "Uh we still goin to that drag race tonight buddy?" He asked, hoping to cheer Soda up. Sodapop smiled. "Hell yeah we are kid and it's gonna be the best one yet, believe me!" Steve turned over to me, "You wanna join us?" he asked. "Nah sorry Steve, I can't, i've got plans with Pony, Dally, and Johnny. Maybe after I can meet up with you guys?"

"Yeah okay. Met us at the Dingo at 11 o'clock"

"Alright. Well Imma head back and get ready but I'll see y'all in a bit" I said waving goodbye to the two boys. They waved back and headed to Sodapop's room and Dally and I left in Darry's truck as he takes us back to Buck's. Only a little while as we already left their block, it came to my realization that I haven't told Steve anything about being pregnant or having a baby. I think I have some time and when the right time does come, I bet he'll take the news juuuusssttt fine....