𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23

Johnny and Ponyboy met Dally and I under the street light at the corner of Pickett and Sutton. They got there pretty early before the movie started. Dally suggested the idea that we go over to the drugstore in the shopping center to goof around.

"Come on guys, we gonna buy ourselves some cokes and blow the straws at people, savvy?" Dally whispered to Pony and Johnny. They nodded.

"You in baby?" Dally asked, grabbing my hand into his. "Uhh I don't know" I said hesitantly. Johnny laughed and smiled, "Come on Riz, it's only for fun"

Johnny's big eyes made me give in. I smirked at them and jokingly rolled my eyes,"Okay fine i'm in"

***
After pissing people off, stealing beers, chasing kids, and watching two people fight it out (which was honestly pretty terrifying), it was getting dark out. The sun was going down and the clouds were slowly disappearing and stars were appearing in the sky.

"Let's go, it's getting pretty late" Dally said, looking up at the sky. Pulling me close by my waist, Dally lightly grinned.

"Okay lovebirds lets go, we're gonna be late to the movies" Pony shouted. "Shut it kid" Dally said. Johnny and I chuckled.

The Nightly Double drive-in movie, I haven't been here since Dally and I's first date. It's so crazy to me that so much has happened in a month and I only have two more months left here until I go back to Kansas.

"You think it's dark enough to go under the fence, Dal?" Johnny shivered. "We ain't going under the fence tonight, I got enough money" Dally said. I was relieved, I refused to go under or over the fence again.

We found seats at the theater. We sat behind two girls who looked very familiar to me. One had red hair and the other was a brunette. She complained on and on about her boyfriend, it was honestly annoying as hell.

Pony kept making googly eyes at her. "You know her?" I asked Ponyboy. "Oh yeah. That's Cherry Valance, she's a cheerleader at my school"
He said. WHY DOES THAT NAME SOUND SO FAMILIAR?

Dally lit a match on the chair next to her and put his feet up on her seat. "Dally don't be rude" I whispered.

Before he could answer back, she turned around to us and screamed, "Get yer feet off ma chair!"

My eyes widened. Cherry Valance. The girl who bullied me all throughout middle school. She would pull my hair, get me in trouble, and would start rumors about me. I remembered exactly who she was now.

Dally put his hands up in defeat and put his feet down. She gave me a good stare. Looked at me up and down.

"Riz Johnson?" She gasped.

"Uh yeah?" I said, trying to pretend like I had no clue who she was. "It's me, Cherry Valance" she smiled brightly.

"Oh yeah. I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you without the braces" I said. Now I know I sound like a complete bitch but I mean come on! This girl made my life miserable for three years.

She embarrassingly chuckled and pushed back her hair, "So did you move back to Tulsa?" she asked.

"Nah, I'm only here for the summer to visit family" I crossed my legs and my arms, trying to act cool. "These your cousins?"

"No, these are my two friends Johnny and Pony and this is my boyfriend Dallas"

"Well look at that Marcia. A grease and a soc dating. I thought Dallas Winston never dated no soc girl?" Cherry smiled to Marcia.

"Well not all socy broads are bitchy like you, doll" Dally said, blowing a smoke ring in Cherry's face. "I hope you choke on one of those things one day!" pointing over to Dally's cigarette.