𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 25

David and I found a seat, you can see everything from where we were. Steve and some girl were sitting two seats behind us and Soda was sitting with a girl he was flirting with. We were all pretty close just in case we needed each other for something. I kept turning my head around to look at Steve and the girl, he looked so happy.

As I was mesmerizing them, David bumped my shoulder, "Whatcha looking at?" he asked me. I smiled to him, "Oh nothing, just making sure that Steve is alright" I said. He turns over and looks back at me, "He looks like he's got his hands full right now" he chuckled.

"You've ever seen her before?" I asked him. He thought to himself, trying to look for a name or something to pop up, "I think her name is Evie or something like that" he shrugged. I turned back around, facing away from them. "They should be starting soon" David said with excitement.

"Yeah—" I said checking my wrist watch, "any minute now. You know i've never been to one of these" I said to him. His jaw slightly dropped, "Are you being serious?" he asks me. "Yes" I giggled.

"This is my 4th time coming here" He said. "Well are they as exciting as everyone says?" I asked him. He nods, "Totally, it's so worth it".

"Then i'm glad I came with Soda and Steve. I just wish we were all sitting in the same section" I said looking over to Soda, who was laughing with the girl he was sitting with. "Well at least you got me" David says with a cocky smile, I awkwardly smile back, It's not the same.

The race started and everyone started going wild...

***Pony's POV***
I felt my body be shaken hardly, I can hear Johnny saying to wake up as he continues to shake me around. I turn my head around facing him and lifted myself up from the cold grass, "God what time is it?" I asked Johnny. He rubbed his eyes, "I don't know, I went to sleep too" he shrugs at me.

The wind was blowing hard, it was really chilly out. Johnny lays back down, "You better get home, alright?" he says, "I'm gonna stay all night out here. Who'll care anyway?". I yawn and look around, "Alright, if you get cold come on to my house" I say to Johnny as he curls up into a tight little ball.

I ran home, trembling at the thought of facing Darry. He was going to kill me. I finally made it to my house, the porch light was on. Maybe Soda and Darry were already asleep and I can just sneak in. I tip toed up to the window and peaked through it. Soda was laying down on the sofa, he must've just gotten home from the drag race, he looked exhausted. Darry was sitting in his armchair, reading the newspaper.

I took a couple of deep breathes, welp here I go I thought. I gulped, and slowly opened the door. I tried looking like I was innocent. Darry looked up from the paper, not even a second passed by and Darry was instantly on his feet. I chewed the hell out of my fingernail. "Where the heck have you been? Do you know what time it is?" He shouts. I haven't seen him this mad in a long time, I shook my head at him. "Well it's two o'clock in the morning kiddo!".

Soda turned his head, "Hey Pony, where ya been?" he asks sleepily. I sounded and looked pretty dumb, even to me, I just wasn't sure what to say. "I fell asleep in the lot..."

"You what?!" Darry shouted, Soda sat up and rubbed his eyes. "I didn't mean to" I said to Darry. "I was talking to Johnny and we both fell asleep in the lot" I turned away from Darry and walked away, he followed me though. "Yeah? I can't even call the cops cause you two will be thrown in a boys home so quick it would make your head spin" he said. Soda peeped his head, "Pony, let's go to bed now" Soda said to me. "Look, I didn't mean to" I shouted to Darry.

"I didn't mean to, I forgot. That's all I ever hear from you!". Darry just kept on yelling at me. Soda speaks up, "Awe come on Darry—"

He cut Soda off, "You shut up! I'm sick and tired of you sticking up for him" Darry pointed at Soda. No one yells at Soda, I thought. Especially Darry. I exploded, "Don't you yell at him!" I scream. Darry turned himself around to face me and slapped me across the face so hard that he'd knock me down.