𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 33

~Steve's pov~

I sat at the bar all by myself. I wasn't full on drunk, but I was close enough to it. Buck came down from his room and grabbed himself a cold beer, "You still here I see" he says. I shrugged, "Cops still looking for whoever slaughtered David Walsh. This is the last place they'll be looking for me" I said. Buck takes a sip, "Or the first. Everyone knows how much greasers and hoods show up at my bar, Randle" he states.

"Are you insisting that I leave?" I asked. Buck shook his head and sat on the stool next to me, "Naw man, I'm just saying to watch your back" Buck replies. I open another beer for myself, "Soc's know this is grease territory and cops are too scared to show their faces. Unless I walk outta this place, nobody is going to find me" I say. "And if somebody snitches?" What was he trying to do? I scoffed, "No one is going to snitch on me." I told Buck. "You never know, man. What about that little broad you always with?" he says. I turn my head towards him, "Evie?" I ask. "Did you even tell her what you did?" I got up and walked away. "Oh so
you didn't?" Buck smirks. I spin myself back around, "What the hell do you want, Buck?" I shout. He puts his hands up in defeat and chuckles to himself, "I don't want anything from you, Randle. I just wanted to know your plan" Buck acknowledged. "Mind your damn business, man. I don't feel kicking your ass".

I hear the screen door open and that's when I see Evie making an entrance. My face lit up. "Look who it is!" Buck pointed out. I roll my eyes, "Get lost already" I said. He takes his drink and heads outside. I make my way closer to Evie, "I'm really sorry about him" I apologized. She rested her hand on my cheek, "You don't have to be sorry about anything" she smiles. I grasp onto her hand and walk her over, "Want anything to drink?" I ask.

"I'll have whatever you're drinkin" she replies. I toss Evie a beer and rested myself against the island. She takes a sip and places her drink down, "You haven't left from this place in two days, what's been up with you Steve?". I scratch the back of my head while I try to find the words to tell Evie what I've done. I wasn't going to lose her... Right?

"Don't freak out" I pleaded. She scoffs, "Steve, have I ever freaked out before?" she said. I chuckled back at her comment. "Well I did something... something bad" I started off. "Okay? Tell me what you did" she stated. "I've been hiding from the cops. They are looking for who killed David" I said. She pulls me in for a rough kiss. I back away from the kiss, "What was that for?" I smirk. "Steve, I don't love you any less. I still want to be with you, even when we make the worst mistakes" Evie says.

My eyes widened, "You love me?" I ask. She scrunches her face tightly and nervously giggles to herself, "I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry". I shook my head and went over to grab both of her hands and intertwine them with mine, "I love you too" I confess. I grab Evie's face and go back in for another kiss. The kiss got more intense than I thought it was going to turn to. I make my way around the island and come closer to Evie. My hands sliding down her hips. I brought her up to Dal and Riz's room. I close the door behind us and press her up against it.

We migrate over to the bed and I placed her down. The rest of it was a blur to me, all that was important to me is that I fell in love. I never knew what it truly felt like. You see it in the movies, you read about love, but experiencing it for yourself is even better.

"I should be heading back home. Riz is going to be back soon and she's gonna want to spend time with you" Evie picks her clothing off the floor. I kiss her neck and down to her shoulder. She turns herself around and giggles, "That means you also have to get dressed" she says. I sit up and grab my shirt and pants. "I haven't heard from Riz at all today, I hope she's alright" I wondered.

By the time Evie and I finished getting our clothes back on, I headed downstairs. Still no sight of Dally or Riz, I began to worry. I tap my fingers, impatiently waiting for someone to come through the door. Evie came up to me to say her goodbyes. I walked her to her car and that's when I saw a figure coming towards me.