Chapter 43

Is this normal? To keep someone you like in your mind 24/7?

It's currently Friday, and normally the only thing on my mind today would be what I'm gonna do for the weekend. Which usually involves me, Soon, and some takeout food. And more recently, I'd be thinking about whatever the boys might need my help with.

But today, the only thing on my mind is Soobin, only Soobin.

And what about him you might ask? Everything. I've replayed our first meeting over and over again. I've thought about his reaction when Jae was cornering me, when those two joggers 'cat-called' me, and his hand when we were filming in the park.

But I've thought about yesterday countless times since last night already. From the walk to the festival, to inside the grounds, to the walk home, everything was strange.

Not strange in a way that is weird and concerning, but strange because everything was perfect. Like date material.

Whatever happened yesterday, I think it was definitely the most fun I've had in a while.

My classes have been going by at a slower rate than normal, mostly because I haven't felt amazing since I woke up. It's really just the sniffles and a cough, but it might just be because of the colder weather. I took some medicine this morning before leaving my dorm, so I'll probably be fine by tomorrow.

My professor finally turns off the presentation they were going on and on about for the past hour. While everyone stretches out their muscles, the professor releases us. I quickly pack up my stuff and start to head to lunch.

I didn't bring lunch today, but I have money to buy something from the food court, assuming Yeonjun isn't rude and allows me to do so.

Waking closer to the food court, I see the boys are already gathered at the table like usual. Taehyun and Beomgyu seem to be in some kind of heated debate, while Soobin and Yeonjun watch with peaked interest.

Once I'm closer, I settle on my seat next to Soobin and catch their closing statements of the debate.

"Clear is a color! It's white!"

"Clear is not a color! White is it's own color! In a crayon box, is there a crayon called clear? No! There's only white!"

"But most things that are white are kind of clear!"

"No- Like what?"

"Snow."

"Snow is not clear."

"Yes, if you pick some up it is clear."

"It is no-"

"We don't have time for this! Stop arguing." Yeonjun butts in.

Apparently, Beomgyu said that clear was a color, and Taehyun was ready to debate as soon as the words left his mouth.

Yeonjun huffs out a breath and turns to me with a completely different face that he had with the boys.

"Are you hungry, Jihyun?"

"Not for something you buy me. I have money, I can pay for myself." I say quickly. It seems to have worked because Yeonjun doesn't try to ask me about food after that.

After a while, I got up to get some food and we all started talking about random topics.

We eventually got to the topic of Sunday's plans.

"So we just want to film a few small videos to have in case we can't film later. The weather and snow can be a bit unpredictable."

I nod at the plan. We're supposed to meet at the park tomorrow at 1pm to film. The boys offered to stop at my dorm to get me, but I told them I could manage on my own.

After about one hour, we had to part ways and go to our classes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Finally the end of the day came and I'm able to go back to my dorm. The only thing I want to do is lay down and stay down for the rest of the day.

As Soon as I step through the front door, Soon greets me from the kitchen.

"Hey, babes. Now that it's the weekend, I thought we could stock up on mug cakes an- Oh my, are you ok?"

I look at her confused. "Y-yes? What's wrong?"

"You're really pale."

Soon gets closer to me and touches my face.

"Your hot too. Are you feeling ok?"

"I was feeling kind of sluggish all day, but that's not weird or anything."

"When did you get back yesterday?"

"Around 9 or 10pm. I didn't think it was that late to be a problem."

"No, I mean it started raining at 9. So you were out in the cold weather, at night, in the rain, without proper clothes."

Oh.

Soon sat me down and made me take my temperature. After waiting for a minute, the thermometer said I had a temperature of 101.3 degrees (38.5 C). A fever.

I insisted on staying up, but Soon basically dragged me to bed and forced me to lay down.

I don't even feel sick. I'm really just tired.

I'll be fine by tomorrow, just watch.

A/N:
I hope it did the temperature conversion right, I might be wrong.

I wanted to say that a new story might be posted soon, but one separate than the one I'm planning to put out after this one. I've been working on a story slowly since before this one and I want to get it out. The thing is, there aren't too many chapters ready and the updates will be slow. 

I basically need help deciding if I should post it or not. I will say it's a fantasy themed story with Jungkook as the interest. I'm really indecisive, help- I just need help.

Besides that, that's all for today.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛