Chapter One

Chapter one ~ edited

Beep, beep, beep, beep.

I groaned. I opened my eyes and turned the alarm clock off. It was 6:30am. I got out of bed and changed out of my pyjamas and put on a pair of jeans and a shirt with a horse on it.

If you looked at my room you could tell I was a horse girl. Posters, books, movies, toys you name it, I had horses all over my room. I had two glass horses that I was very protective of, about seven posters of horses on my walls; My favourite was of a black friesian stallion rearing. My second was of a bay mare grazing with her chestnut foal.

Of course the posters were not of my favourite breed. I always wanted a chestnut quarter horse. I asked my parents so many times but the answer was always no. I go to my neighbours to ride a lot.

I brushed my brown hair. If I was a horse, my coat would probably be bay. I tied my hair up in a pony tail and made my bed. Of course, the cover and pillows had a horse on them. What could I say, I was horse crazy.

Sadly I was the only one in my family that loved horses. At least I was allowed next door when ever I wanted. I liked going there for two reasons; horses of course and also Seth Bailey. He was the same age as me and I found him cute.

He was their son and also my friend. He was homeschooled and worked at the horse farm. We went riding sometimes if he wasn't working. He was the only one out of my friends that loved horses almost as much as I do.

I knew a lot about him but he seemed like he was hiding something. His sister Emily was really nice and she's seventeen. His parents David and Susan, are nice and funny. They let me take any horse I wanted. My favourite was a quarter horse gelding, named Storm. He had a black coat and big brown eyes. He was so beautiful, or should I have said handsome? Oh well beautiful, handsome they meant the same thing I guess.

My second favourite of their horses was a grey mare, named Jazabel. She was gorgeous. She was about 15 hands whereas Storm was 16.3. I knew how to ride both English and Western. I liked English better because I could jump. It was a real rush flying over the jumps.

My bed had a beautiful pair of bays on it. The pillows were the same. Not only did I love horses, I liked wolves too. I found them both beautiful. Although horses won over the wolves. I admired my bed before looking at all the horse things in my room. I smiled and walked out. I'm fifteen by the way and my name is Summer Graham.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen where my brother was already eating breakfast.

"Morning weirdo." He said to me.

"Morning dork." I said back. My brother Jason, was three years older then me, so he was out of school. We were close and loved calling each other names. As we just did. It was all just for fun. Oh then there were our actual fights. Now I don't mean full on physical fights, I meant like when we disagreed. We usually laughed afterwards and got over it. Neither of us held a grudge. Which was good. We had things in common; like we both loved crime shows, our favourite being Criminal Minds. We also both loved oreos. Some, I mean, most of the fights were over the oreos.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked while getting orange juice out of the fridge and pouring it into a glass. He said something. I couldn't understand though. The fool had food in his mouth. "What?" I asked, putting the juice back into the fridge.

He swallowed the food. "What ever you want."

"Thanks. Next time try swallowing your food before you talk." I said while thinking about what I wanted. I decided on toast and put bread in the toaster. I sat down with Jason and waited for the bread to finish. "Have you fed Axe?" I asked.

"He's your dog." He said, getting up and walking to the sink to put his plate in. I sighed and got up to grab a plate. The toast popped up and I jumped at the unexpected jumping of bread. I laughed and put it on my plate. I grabbed the nutella from the cupboard and a butter knife from the drawer and sat down at the table again.

I spread the nutella on the bread and ate it. Another thing I loved, Nutella. When I finished, I put my plate in the sink and went to feed my dog. Axe was my kelpie. He was always a loyal dog. I was glad I was allowed to get a dog. I walked outside and straightaway I had him jumping on me.

"Hi Axe." I said. He started licking my face. "Back off boy." I said while laughing. I let him inside and he ran around the house. I grabbed the dog food from the laundry and took it outside. I held the door open and waited. "Axe." I called. He ran out the door soon after. I gave him a pat and scratched behind his ears. His coat was black with a tanish white colour on his tummy and two dots the same colour on his head near his eyes. It kinda looked like he had four eyes. I poured his food and stood back while he ate. When he was finished, he came to me and licked me again. I gave him a kiss on the head and walked back inside. My mum was in the kitchen when I walked back in there.

"Hi mum."

"Hi." She said with a smile. She had a cup of coffee in her hands.

"I just fed Axe. Anything else for me to do?" I asked.

"Um no you can just relax before you have to get ready for school."

"Of course." Damn I forgot it was friday. I sighed and walked upstairs to my room. I entered and grabbed a book. It was a horse book, of course.