Chapter Three

Chapter three ~ edited

I sat near my friends on the seats in the quad. They were still talking about something I didn't even know. Oh well, that was my friends for you. I took my phone out of my jeans pocket and unlocked it. I went straight to my messages and clicked on Seth's name.

Going 4 ride this arvo. Want 2 come?

I sent the message and locked my phone.

I heard that 'Ding' and checked the message.

Idk, maybe. Tell ya later. Bye.

Ok bye.

I locked my phone and put it back into my pocket. I listened in on my friends conversations.

The guys were talking about pizza while the girls talked about Home and Away.

At least they weren't talking about random things anymore. The bell rang. It was for first class, which was English. I got up and walked to my friends. They wouldn't get going so I said bye and walked to class.

I entered, said a quick "Hello" to my teacher and sat down waiting for my two friends that I had class with. As if summoned by my thoughts, Cassie and Kane walked into the class and sat on either side of me. Cassie's long brownish blonde hair fell over her shoulders. She did her usual daily routine; Hair flick, used her phone as a mirror to check her hair and makeup, then fixed up her hair. She did it first and third period everyday. Her mascara did bring out her blue eye colour.

Kane on the other hand had short black hair and hazel eyes. I would be lying if I said he wasn't attractive. God he was oblivious to how much girls talked about him when he walked past them. At times, I wondered if he couldn't hear properly, because those girls didn't exactly speak quietly.

My mind wondered once again. I was thinking of horses and going for a ride this afternoon on Storm. I felt a pain in my side. I realised Kane elbowed me.

"Ow." I said, not expecting it to be so loud. I looked around. Everyone was looking at me now. Oops. I mentally cursed myself. I looked up at my teacher.

"Would you mind paying attention Summer?" My teacher asked.

"Um. Sorry." I said.

"Alright back to class work." My teacher turned his attention back to the whole class.

"Nice one." Kane whispered to me.

"Shut up." I said, elbowing him in the side as payback.

The day seemed to go on for ages. Period four just finished. Still one subject left until my fun started.

My last class, I had with Kane. It just happened to be PE. Just great. We went to our spot in the quad and I headed off to the canteen with Kane and Crystal. We got halfway there when Crystal's little sister wanted to talk to her.

"I'm not going to the canteen anymore, you two go." She said. Kane and I walked a few meters when I heard a couple girls talking.

"Omg he's so cute." One of them said.

I looked at Kane, he seemed to have heard because he started smiling. I rolled my eyes and keep listening.

"Yeah." I heard a second girl say.

"Do you think they're going out?" a third asked.

That almost made me stop and glare at them. Next thing I knew, Kane put his arm on my shoulders. I could hear the girls sigh in disappointment. I shoved him off and gave him a playful push. He almost ran into a pole. Serves him right! We got to the canteen and lined up.

"Gee thanks for almost making run into a pole." He said.

"You're welcome. You deserved it too. Now why did you do that?"

"To stop them talking about me like that." I rolled my eyes again. Idiot, I said to myself.

"Hey! I'm not an idiot." Kane protested.

"Huh? Omg did I say that out loud?" I asked.

"Yeah you did."

"I still think you're an idiot."

"What ever." We got to the front of the line and got what we wanted. I only got a bottle of water. Crystal met up with us on the way back.

"What did your sister want?" Kane asked

"Do you really need to know?" She asked him.

"Not really, but i'm curious."

"Well Lily just wanted to know if we are being picked up or taking the bus home." Crystal explained. We got back to our friends and talked about a lot of things. I smiled, that was my friends, how could I ever live without them?