Chapter Six

Chapter six ~ edited

I ran. I was out of breath. I couldn't go on anymore. But I had to. Something was calling me to help. I didn't know who or what it was. I just ran. I made it to where the crying voice was. Then there was a flash of light.
In front of me was a horse. A big dapple grey mare. Her coat was almost white with grey spots and a grey tinge to her coat. Her legs were black from her knees down. Her mane and tail were black with bits of white in it. She was telling me something.
"Summer." she called. I stayed silent.
"Summer." She called again. "Don't be afraid. Don't ever be afraid of me. I'll see you again. One day." She said. "I'm you."
"What?" I asked. It came out as a neigh. I looked around, the horse wasn't there. I was where the horse was. I turned around but tripped. I got up and looked at myself in the pond. The reflection showed the horse.
"Help us!" I heard someone call out. I turned around. I saw a herd being captured. "Help us please." I was frozen.
"I'm sorry. I can't." I heard the horse cries, I saw them packed into a truck, I watched them lose their freedom.
"Sorry." I whispered. There was this little noise like a tranquilliser gun. I felt a pain in my shoulder. I hit the ground. The world went black.

I shot up. I was sweating a lot. I looked around. I was in my room. It was just a dream. I looked at my legs. Human legs. I laughed, why would I not have human legs? My tummy grumbled and I looked at the clock. 2:45am. It was too early to eat and too early to be awake. I laid back down and tried to go to sleep.

Sleep came and so did another dream. But it was just of yesterday. Not the mysterious grey mare. It was me with Storm and the stallion. Only he spoke to me.

"You will help us."

"Help you? How?" I asked.

"Save my herd."

I woke up. Too many strange dreams. I got up. It was only 5:00. I walked downstairs. I was absolutely hungry now. I walked to the fridge and opened it.

"Hmm, what should I have?" I asked myself.

I heard a neigh and I froze. I slowly closed the fridge and walked outside. Nothing was there. I was about to walk in when I saw him. The stallion from the herd.

"What are you doing here beautiful?" I asked him. Slowly, I walked up to him. He put his ears forward and walked towards me. "Why are you so friendly? You're meant to be a wild mustang stallion." He stopped right in front of me. I slowly put my hand out and he sniffed my hand. I slowly moved my hand up to his forelock and gave him a pat. I laughed when he played with my shirt, and tried to eat my hair.

"Summer. Is that you up?" I turned around and saw my mother walking down the stairs. I looked back at the stallion and he ran off into the night.

"Bye beautiful." I sighed and walked back inside. "Mum?"

"Honey what were you doing outside?" She asked.

"Oh nothing I thought I heard something." I lied. Well, I did hear something.

"Ok." She walked back upstairs.

"Alright what am I having for breakfast?" I asked myself again. I looked back outside but the stallion wasn't there.

I made myself a sandwich. Eh, I felt like one. I put lettuce, cucumber, and tomato on it. I sat down at the table and ate by myself. It tasted so good! I finished eating and rinsed my plate. I went upstairs and put on a pair of jeans and a blue polo shirt. I walked back downstairs and went to the lounge room. I turned the tv and dvd player on. I opened the cabinet and took out heartland season five. I'm on part two for that season. I put in disc two and closed the dvd player. I sat on the couch with a blanket and pressed play.