Chapter Ten

Chapter ten ~ edited

I rode to the wash bay and dismounted. I saw David at the door and he wasn't looking very happy.

"Oh boy." Seth said.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing."

I tied Storm up. Seth did the same with Eagle. It was awesome jumping on Eagle. He was a great horse. Really good jumper. I took off Storm's bridle and put it on the rail. I brushed Storm down since I already washed him today. I took the bridle back to the tack room.

"I'm leaving now. Bye." I said.

"Alright see ya." Seth said.

I walked past the house. I looked at Seth's unhappy dad. I wonder what Seth did. I walked back to my place.

I walked in the backyard. Axe ran up to me. He rolled onto his back.

"Hey boy." I said, rubbing his tummy. My brother came out of the house with a soccer ball.

"Hey sis." He said.

"Hey."

"Wanna kick the ball around?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

We kicked the ball to each other. Axe decided to join in and chase it. He must have punctured it because it was going flat pretty quickly.

"Aaaxe!" Jason and I said together.

"Come on I only got that ball last week." My brother complained.

"Ha good boy." I said, joking around. Jason didn't take it as a joke. He looked at me. "What?" I asked.

"'Good boy'?" Jason quoted.

"Its a joke chill bro."

"I am chill." he muttered under his breath.

"Sure you are." I walked into the house. My mum was making dinner. "Hey mum."

"Hey darling."

"What's for dinner?" I asked.

"Food." She answered. Nah I thought it would be wood.

"What type of food?" I asked.

"The type you can eat."

"Mum!" I complained.

"You'll just have to wait."

"Of course."

I walked out of the kitchen and to my room. I could hear mum laughing. I rolled my eyes and opened my door. I entered my room and closed the door behind me.

"What to do. What to do." I said to myself.

I sat on my bed and grabbed my phone out. I went to messages and clicked on Seth's name. Time to find out what's going on.

Hey wts up wit ur dad?

I locked my phone and put it on the bed next to me. I rolled over and laid on my back, looking at the ceiling.
'Ding'

I grabbed my phone and went into the messages.

Dw Summer. I won't be around for a while.

Hang on. What?

I'm going away for a while to get a horse.

Y can't ur dad just go?

I'm going wit Emily.

Alright i'll just ride by myself.

Sry. Bye Summer.

Cya.

They never told me about getting another horse. They always told me. There were too many confusing things happening in a short period of time.
'Ding'

Please be Seth. I looked at the name. Crystal.

Hey Summer. We're going to this place for dinner. Want to come?

Sure. I'll ask mum.

Ok. Txt back soon.

Alright.

"Summer." Mum called. I just got comfortable, come on!

"Hang on mum I need to ask something." I called back. I got up and ran downstairs, almost tripping down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen. Jason and dad were in the lounge room, talking about something. Mum looked up at me when I stopped at the island counter. "Can I go somewhere for dinner with Crystal?"

"Uh sure you can. What time?" She asked.

"Soon."

"Alright. What are you wearing?"

"I don't know. I'll ask."

"Ok if you want any help..."

"Its just a dinner with a friend not a date." I said.

"Ok, Ok."

"Thanks mum!"

"Go on." She said to me. "Boys, dinner is ready." Mum called my father and brother. I ran back upstairs but stopped outside my room.

I'm allowed to go. What should I wear?

Awesome and maybe something casual but a little bit on the fancy side.

So jeans and a fancy-ish shirt?

Yeah that'll be good.

Ok cya later.

Cya.

I entered my room and looked for an outfit. I chose a pair of black skinny jeans and a deep blue shirt. For my shoes, I picked a pair of black high heeled boots. I only bought them for special occasions or dinners with friends.

It was almost 7pm when I was dropped off at Crystal's house. She lived in the town so we are walking to the... What where were we going?

"Crystal where are we going?" I asked.

"This pub to eat."

"A pub?"

"My sister is taking us."

I looked at her with an 'explain further' expression.

"She's bringing her fiancé and we're not going to the bar. We are getting food." She explained. "Unless you want to get drunk." I laughed. I wouldn't be able to anyways.

"Right."

"Look don't worry. You look really nice."

"So do you." I looked at Crystal. She had a light purple skirt and a white top. She had boots almost like mine but they don't have high heels, only little heels.

"What we on a date or something?" I joked.

"Nope. Well we aren't."

"Let me guess. You invited Billy?" I asked.

"Yep."

"Its fine just don't ignore me."

"I'll try not to." I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Only kidding. I won't ignore you."

"Wanna bet on that?"

We both laughed. Just as we were walking in, another car stopped outside Crystal's place. One guess, Billy. As I expected, he got out of the car. We waited for Crystal's sister to get ready then we left.